Wanted to share my story (condensed version) with you guys. Been doing a TON of research on T and T-replacement. Read Jay Campbell’s book, been all over this site and others and i’m continuing to learn as much as I can. 3.5 months ago, I knew very little about this subject, other than a relative or two on it.
So, quick story:
Have always been healthy. 37 years old, 6’3, 200lbs, played college and European pro hoops. Married with 3 girls - 8, 6, 2. Eaten paleo for last 5 years, 10% body fat, no health problems (that I knew of).
Had vasectomy done 3.5 months ago.
About 3-4 days after, experimented with the plumbing downstairs, which at the time felt fine. After that point, all systems seemed to go haywire. That seemed to be the turning point and since then have had the following issues:
- ED - loss of firm erection, very little nocturnal erections (if at all), trouble maintaining erection, 100% not the same. For about a week after day 4/5 I had NO FUNCTIONING down there
- Pain in Epi - had brutal infection about 1.5 months ago (2 months after). Left side blew up like a tennis ball, very painful, fever, chills, etc. Been on Doxy for 4-5 weeks now, which calmed everything down. Epi pain is down to about a 2 vs. an 8/9 when I eventually had to go ER one nice with the 8/9 pain.
- prostatitis problems - pressure, frequenet urination off and on,
- Joint pain - knees, neck (chronic stiff neck), crepitus in knees - never had any of this before
- Brain Fog
- Anxiety/Depression issues
- strange feeling post ejaculation (lethargy, tired, almost hungover feeling)
- overall fatigue - tired in AM, muscle fatigue, weakness, etc.
I’ve felt OFF basically since day 4/5 post V. I’ve gotten better, symptoms have improved, but no where near where I want to be.
I decided to have my blood work done. Total T seems good range, but other hormones seem really off. I’ll post below. Let me know if you would like to see other numbers.
Total T - 689 ng/dl (348 - 1197)
Free T - 9.8 pg/ml (8.7-25.1)
Pregnenolone - 29 ng/dl
DHEA - S - 123.6 ug/dl (102.6 - 416.3)
Cortisol - 12.7
Estradiol - 23.2 (7.6 - 42.6)
DHT - 54 ng/dl
SHBG - 53.7 nmol/L (16.5-55.9)
Hematocrit - 49.7 (37.5-51)
Current supplements for about the last month - Vitamin C 3-5g per day, Vitamin D 10,000 per day, Vitamin B complex, L Arginine, L-Glutamine, Probiotic, Stinging nettle, think that’s it.
I’ve done a lot of research about how certain hormones tank post V.
Would love to hear thoughts on the above #'s.
I can try to upload all lab results if it makes sense.