T Nation

Newbie - HRT in NJ Question

I am a newbie here and new to the HRT thing as well, after feeling like crap for a few years I went to urologist and was checked I was in the high 300’s he said that was low for a 40 year old and gave me a shot and said come back in 3 weeks … I didn’t feel much better but I still have 2 weeks to go before next shot.

But after reading everyting here I think I need a new Dr to treat me as an individual and not the same as he treats everyone else. Can anyone refer me to a Dr in northern NJ who is well versed in treating guys with low T?


I can’t make a specific recommendation, but I can point you to a couple of resources.

American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM). Look for docs with “HRT” listed in their practice codes.

Type HRT in the search box (use caps) and click on the “Specialty” radio button and then click the “Search” button.

Life Extension Foundation, List of Innovative Doctors:

The Men’s Health Forum at mesomorphosis.com adds…

“To pre-qualify and select the right doc, call him or his staff and ask: how many men he/she treats for hypogonadism, if he/she offers hCG therapy in addition to TRT, if he/she uses Arimidex to keep E2 down, and checks for Primary or Secondary Hypogonadism.”

Finding the right doctor is the second most important thing you can do. Educating yourself about HRT is the number one most important thing you can do. Read everything you can find, from the “American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists Medical Guidelines For Clinical Practice For The Evaluation And Treatment Of Hypogonadism” to forums like this one. I recommend you use the search function here to search out posts by KSman. You can also Google for HRT specific forums.

Good luck!