Newbie Has Gotta Go!

How bout we call them bitches? Bitch is such a great term when used correctly.

“I’m going to go help out some of the bitches in the newbie thread”

“Bitches need to focus more on eating right instead of relying soully on lifting”

“I got a couple’a bitches here that need some advice”

“CT loves the bitches”

“Changing from a bitch to a man is the biggest transformation one will ever undergo”

or if someone is just acting plain stupid:

“Stop acting like a bitch”

“Bitch”

They all work IMO.

Okay, no offense, but if you expect me to use some damned new moniker you’ll have to find something that doesn’t sound gay.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
does the phrase “when the going gets tough, the tough gets going” mean nothing to you?[/quote]
j
ust wanted to give credit to the author of that quote - john blutarsky

but seriously it’s tough to change lingo especially something w/ deep roots like GNUBE . but if you got something you like keep using it . if it’s good it sticks.

HOLYSHIT YEAH MILLAR JUST JACKED A THREE RUN SHOT ! SOX UP 9-3 in the 7th !

by the way i suggest “SWEET MEAT”.

Using the faq acronym we could start calling them faquers, or replace the a from asked to u for used.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
wufwugy wrote:
does the phrase “when the going gets tough, the tough gets going” mean nothing to you?

Not sure how that even applies. Care to elaborate?[/quote]

i carefully placed the ambiguity because i wasn’t sure what your purpose for your post was. now, it seems to me that you just don’t really like the nomenclature that T-Nation uses for noobs.

what caught my eye about your post was that you refered to how the marines treat noobs poorly and how this is not a “good thing”. i disagree. going through shit can build character better than being silver spooned.

but, it seems you weren’t really concerned with this point, so i’ll just let it go…

[quote]Kuz wrote:
vroom wrote:
Slang is like a rope, it is damned hard to push.

Weren’t you just shouting from the rooftops about some new deadlifting accomplishments? I am now skeptical if you have a hard time pushing rope. ;)[/quote]

Was he now? Ask him about his bench progress…

“what caught my eye about your post was that you refered to how the marines treat noobs poorly and how this is not a “good thing”. i disagree. going through shit can build character better than being silver spooned.”

I agree with this to the fullest.I’ve been lifting my entire life and at 23 I’m still a noob.There are guys on here that know alot more than I do so they have a right to refer to me anyway they choose,b/c I’m the one who has shit to learn from them.Plus you have to crawl before you walk so earning your stripes can defintely be a good thing.

“T-Fetus”

“Boob”

“Blue Flamer”

Seriously though, being a newbie isn’t a bad thing, it only states the obvious. It lets everyone know at which stage you’re in. So what if it’s only the first stage. I don’t think it’s deragatory in any sence.

GAINER

Fledgling!

Probie

Seems to me that if it’s “hardcore” enough for the Corps…it’s hardcore enough for this site…

Semper Fi!

Mufasa

How about the Japanese terms sensei for teacher, and kohai for student?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Seems to me that if it’s “hardcore” enough for the Corps…it’s hardcore enough for this site…

Semper Fi!

Mufasa[/quote]

That, my friend, is an excellent point!

BTW, Kuz, if you don’t want to use non-T Internet-speak, lose the smileys.

Matthew

grasshoppper

[quote]Matthew9v9 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Semper Fi!

Mufasa

That, my friend, is an excellent point!

BTW, Kuz, if you don’t want to use non-T Internet-speak, lose the smileys.

Matthew[/quote]

Guilty as charged.

One might also wonder that if a person can’t take being called a “newb”, is there any reason to think they can handle 90% of the workouts, diets, and let’s face it People, on this site?

[quote]usaffirefighter wrote:
One might also wonder that if a person can’t take being called a “newb”, is there any reason to think they can handle 90% of the workouts, diets, and let’s face it People, on this site?[/quote]

I agree, but again, this was less about what can they take (this is a site were you need to earn your street cred) and more to do with coming up with something a little less cute.

This looks like a good place for a first post, Hi I’m a newbie/fng.
Now where do I post my skinny bod and ask about cutting?

Greenhorn?

Faquer!