NEWBIE Get Big Diet Help

Okay guys,
this is great site wiht a lot of useful info. Im still a newbie to all this lifting and dieting stuff, so i have a question for u guys. Im 5’11 and weigh 140 lbs so yea im a skinny guy. I was gonna start that begginer workout routine here on t mag with the “Get Big” diet Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

I have a few questions. After reading throught the article i found that at my weight i should take in a total of 2688 calories a day(448 from protein, 672 from fat, and 1568 froms carbs). Which includes 112g proten, 74g fat and 392g carbs.

So my question is how should i edit the meal plan on the get big diet to match my numbers? Or should I not edit the plan at all?

Also, if I go through with this about wat do u guys thkin the ratio will be to fat gained and muscle gained.

sounds like me

Hey, m2000!!! Welcome to T-Mag. I see it’s your first post. (grin)

My recommendations are that you keep it simple to start with. Take a look at the following article by John Berardi, Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION.

Start by getting in 6 or more meals a day, protein in every meal. Shoot for 30g of protein every meal. That’s about 5 ounces of most protein sources.

Get some good fat; nuts, flaxseed oil, natural peanut butter. Avoid bad fats; fried foods, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil and transfatty acids (found by reading labels).

Get in all the green veggie carbs you can stuff down your face, along with oatmeal, brown rice, yams, suite potatoes and fruit. Avoid bad carbs, chips and generally anything in a box or a bag.

Optimize your PWO nutrition. For a head start on that, I’d recommend that you read John Berardi’s Solving the PWO Puzzle.

And if you’re really, really serious about putting on serious amounts of muscle, I’d recommend finally that you read Chris Shugart’s “The Missing Ingredient.” It’s about keeping a food log to make sure you’re getting in all your calories consistently.

From there, all that’s required is that you select a good workout program and bust your butt in the gym. (grin)

That should get you started. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

first off dont worry to much about the fat gain. you burn it off quick after the bulking period, so its not really a drama. That is one of the biggest things to hold back noob’s, worrying about a little fat gain.
As for the diet adjust it so the ratios are tha same, ie just reduce the serving sizes. the main gist of the article was that you dont need a bucket load of protein to get hyooge, especially when your carbs and fats are up, in saying that Tom may have gone a bit on the low side, especially for more advanced athletes. but thats another story.
One piece of advice: Dont skimp on your postworkout nutrition. Have a sevrve of surge while you are still at the Gym sweating like a pig, and then eat another big meal about 60mins later with heaps of carbs and enuf protein.
Other thing is alot of us 'round here like the Beradi way of eating (massive eating). Basically you seperate the consumption of carbs and fats. protein is still in every meal.
get a food diary so you can monitor your eating habits, and adjust calorie P/C/F intake to suit your needs(ie growing to slow or getting to fat)
Any more Q’s just ask (check FAQ first tho :wink: )

thx for the great advice terry

Eat more protein.

Listen to Tampa Terry.