Newbie Gains On 2 Day Schedule?

I know that newbies are often told to just follow a program from this site. Most of them are 3-4 day routine and seem more suited towards intermediate lifters who have been lfting for a while and, having a solid base, can now progress to more structured programs.
Right now i really just a need a basic bare, bones program with easy to handle varibles that gets my body working as one complete unit. I think 2 days to start would be enough for me while i learn good training habits and focus on consistency and form, proper diet and my piss poor mobilty/flexibilty.

Is it feasible to make some decent newbie gains with such frequency?
If so does anyone have ideas or links to a very basic 2 day routine that they could post?

I have thought about doing something like this:
day 1: Deadlift/push press/bi curl/ab flexion
day 2: Squat/inverted row/tri pressdown/ab rotation

I would use an alternating rep scheme, like 8x3 with 5RM and 3x8 with 10RM ( a la CW) to manage fatigue and keep the muscles guessing.
Would this cover most of my bases ( I purposely left out a vertical pull because that is all i used to do and it gave me some issues. There is also no horizontal push because i do not want/need a big chest right now. I will be doing push ups throughout the week to get a good base going with healthy shoulders)
if i can stick with this i would probably make it an A/B split and bump the frequency to the typical 3-day schedule. Any thoughts?

[quote]cskolnick wrote:
I know that newbies are often told to just follow a program from this site. Most of them are 3-4 day routine and seem more suited towards intermediate lifters who have been lfting for a while and, having a solid base, can now progress to more structured programs.
Right now i really just a need a basic bare, bones program with easy to handle varibles that gets my body working as one complete unit. I think 2 days to start would be enough for me while i learn good training habits and focus on consistency and form, proper diet and my piss poor mobilty/flexibilty.

If so does anyone have ideas or links to a very basic 2 day routine that they could post?

I would use an alternating rep scheme, like 8x3 with 5RM and 3x8 with 10RM ( a la CW) to manage fatigue and keep the muscles guessing.
Would this cover most of my bases ( I purposely left out a vertical pull because that is all i used to do and it gave me some issues. There is also no horizontal push because i do not want/need a big chest right now. I will be doing push ups throughout the week to get a good base going with healthy shoulders)
if i can stick with this i would probably make it an A/B split and bump the frequency to the typical 3-day schedule. Any thoughts?

[/quote]

anything is possible if you push yourself and you got your diet in check. how bout a TBT routine? Same exercises each time but with different rep schemes and intensity level within a week. (ex: day 1=10x3 day 2=3x10) if your only working out twice a week don’t you think you should at least get some frequency in there. but whatever don’t just listen to one person’s opinion, wait for some more posts…

2 days then make then count BIG liofts

one day squat, BO row, Bench, then add on stuff do those and DO them

day two DL, OH press, chins, other stuff

base your workouts on those and hell cant go to wrong work HARD and add stuff dont stear awayb from learning oly lifts etc.

Phill

Through part of college I had to use a 2 day schedual and was able to made good progress.

My split (for most of it) was:

Day 1:

Snatch/Front Squat/Bench/Pull Downs/Cuban Press

Day 2:

Clean and Press/Deadlift/Bent Row/Dips/Curls

So essentially what Phil was talking about.

Naturally, nothing works forever so after 6-8 weeks I’d change things up for a month or so, thn return to this split again.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
cskolnick wrote:

anything is possible if you push yourself and you got your diet in check. how bout a TBT routine? Same exercises each time but with different rep schemes and intensity level within a week. (ex: day 1=10x3 day 2=3x10) if your only working out twice a week don’t you think you should at least get some frequency in there. but whatever don’t just listen to one person’s opinion, wait for some more posts…[/quote]

Yeah i have looked into it. I like the idea but i do not want to spend a ton of time finding out loading parameters for numerous different exercises. Plus, CW reccomends BBB as a starting plan with his stuff. I guess the rotuine i mentioned is like a chopped down CW type deal. I will probably start with that, maybe bumping up to 10x3/3/10 like you mentioned (since i will be starting out at only 2 days a week)and switch back to the 24 total rep scheme if i go for a 3 day a/b split. Thanks for the post.

[quote]Phill wrote:
2 days then make then count BIG liofts

one day squat, BO row, Bench, then add on stuff do those and DO them

day two DL, OH press, chins, other stuff

base your workouts on those and hell cant go to wrong work HARD and add stuff dont stear awayb from learning oly lifts etc.

Phill[/quote]

Thanks again Phil. Your posts are always to the point and make this lifting stuff seem easy which, as a beginner, is VERY important.
Your plan seems just like the one i mentioned but with the added bench and pull ups. I would probably integrate those at some point but intially i will probably jsut incorporate some prehab in their place to get my shoulder girdle ready for them.
I was also thinking about sticking in a day between the two as a light recovery type day: Less load with higher reps on rear delt flye/pec flye and lunge/reverse lunge.

[quote]RSarin wrote:
Naturally, nothing works forever so after 6-8 weeks I’d change things up for a month or so, thn return to this split again.[/quote]

For sure. That is about how long i would stick with this plan. Id see what results i get then maybe switch it up to one of CW’s starting routines or something else. like a 5x5 or EDT.