Newbie, Doc Wants to Use Pellets to Get Above 300

Hi guys. New here and had a few questions. Im 44 220lbs. Down from a high of 260. I started noticing all the similiar symptoms of low t. And prompted me to get my levels checked. One thing thats happened alot in the last few months is injuries in the gym. Not sure if that could also be an indicator of low t or just pushing too hard in the gym. 44 year old body but ego wants to be 24 sometimes.

Labs at 730am
Total T 198
FreeT 3.5
Shbg 36.6

Going fri to get other labs checked. My primary care doc left off a few and the urologist is ordering more
Prolactin
Lh
Fsh
Estrogen i think

Anyway he mentioned using pellets to raise my level above 300. He said it doesnt have as much peaks and valleys I hadnt seen much posted on pellets. He also said you can avoid a few s/e by having a more constant level.

Also in my mind im thinking why stop at ~300. Id like to be high normal. But maybe my thinking is off not having experience with this so i thought id ask.

High normal is definitely what I would shoot for. I’ve had pellets, they werent pleasant to get put in and you have to be inactive for a few days after ( i didnt and one fell out of my incision). I had 18 pellets inserted and it served me for about 4 mos. I didnt have any AI though, so I never knew if I had high E2 or not. I just wasnt well versed enough to ask.

If your Dr is willing, bi-weekly Test injections (either SQ or IM) are the preferred method. Also need Arimidex or another AI to prevent aromatization. Read the stickies, if you havent already, get educated and go in as informed as possible to your Dr.

Idiot doctors who think that the lab range of three standard deviations of a statistical normal curve means healthy or normal curve. So only 0.3% of a population is not doing well. They assume that normal from the normal curve means normal state of health, sure is not optimal.

The biggest problem is the doctors, you need to read the stickies and know more than they do, out of self defense. Do not do pellets simply because doc suggests that.

Do not start TRT until the results of those other labs are in hand.

We do need lab ranges with lab results. Not as simple as you might think!

prolactin
LH/FSH
E2 estradiol, please not total estrogens

Suggested TRT:

• Self inject 50mg T twice a week with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringe, SC/SQ not IM
  • 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections
  • 250iu hCG SC EOD to preserve testes, at this point fertility is not a concern

Refuse T injections in doctors office.

#Do not ignore the comments re thyroid and iodine in stickies, see last paragraph in this post.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

More complete labs
Total T 198 ng/dl 300-890
Free T 3.5 ng/dl 4.8-25.7
Shbg 36.6 nmol/l 16.5-55.9
Tsh 2.57. 0.47-4.68
Free thyroxine 1.16. 0.78-2.19

Ill get the other labs fri and see about adding e2

What levels would you normally see with that dosing of 50? Ill have to feel him out on some of this otherwise i can switch docs if needed

T status is very low.

TSH should be closer to 1.0, thyroid lab ranges are very unhelpful.
FT4=1.16 is well below midrange 2.67/2=1.335

You may simply have low thyroid function from not using iodized salt and/or vitamins that list iodine+selenium. Check how low your body temperatures are. From the point if view of the medical community you are perfectly healthy, but can have low energy and mood problems from this.

One cannot separate the symptoms of low T and low thyroid function because the list of symptoms is largely identical.

Many here have both of this issues making one wonder if thyroid problems cause low-T or that most of the population may be in a sub-optimal thyroid state. Guys on TRT with perfect and high T and E2 levels can feel crappy with your thyroid numbers.

Your fT3, the active hormone, is probably low or perhaps getting blocked by elevated rT3. fT3 regulates ATP production in your cells, controlling energy levels as part of the body’s temperature control loop. ATP is made by mitochondria and that requires CoQ10 that is deficient from statin drugs in some patients.

When you get on TRT, your muscle strength can increase fast, but your catabolic connective tissue will take around a year to get good. You need to slow down or you will tear your self apart.

Also test IGF-1 to make sure that that is good.

You are a MD?
Retired Engineer here, with an odd hobby, or public service.

Im am. Dont hold it against me though. Lol. I did know where to come for better answers than my doctor friends could give.

Im an Anesthesiologist. So nothing related to endocrine.

So you are a step above the GPs and surgeons, you keep people alive and detached from procedure. You use ketamine in your setting? It can improve outcomes re PTSD etc.

If in Savannah GA we might meet up for a beer.

In your setting, there will be secondary hypogonadism caused by blows to the head from combat operations. No visible wounds required. Major effects.

Got some new labs back

Lh 2.3. 1.2-8.9
Fsh 2.3. 1.6-9.7
Prolactin 8.2. 3.7-17.9
Repeat Total t 94.
Ft3. 3.8. 2.8-5.3
Parathyroid 22 11-67

My total t is lower a week later. It was also
an hour later in the am. E2 sent out

Will be talking to urologist later next week.

Gonna try talking to a fp/sports medicine doc. Urologist keeps pressing pellets and will only do injections every third week. Test c 100mg im q3 week.

Hopefully will get a different response. If not might need some doctor recommendations in west texas.

West Texas as in El Paso? I’m pretty sure there should be a good selection in a city that size.

San angelo. Smaller town more central than el paso. West texas goes on forever

fT3 range still seems odd
Mid range is 8.1/2
fT3 is a bit below mid-range

Body temps as requested?

Did you read the finding a TRT doc sticky?

What is a US Navy doc doing in central TX?

Oh I know brother. West Texas is my backyard LOL

Still, there ought to be something…Midland is a ways but you’re telling me all those rich oilmen dont take test? Plus there is always the underground route…if you’re willing

sorry havent responded. Ive had the flu. Before all this temps in am were 97.6-97.8. I work in the or and freeze all day so i have taken any afternoon temps

I got out of the Navy in 2009.

Im sure there are other docs. Ive just explored my local guys first. Gonna keep asking around. I have no idea how to approach the “underground” safely. Ha but am not above doing it

Was reading the thyroid thread. It mentions that the doses of iodine in most mvi and thyroid help vitamins are way too low. I saw on amazon iodoral but it was much higher dosing. 150mcg vs 12.5 mg.

Well if ur unsuccessful with finding a Dr that will work with you there is at least one forum (that I use) that has domestic sponsors and a method for users to rate those sponsors (sources). I can’t provide you a website but I’m sure if you searched steroid forums you would find it. Good sources use private email accounts like securenym to do business.

Back in 2003 i did a cycle and i bought from a source off a website thats now gone. Those forums were a great resource. I assume people migrated somewhere but i didnt follow enough to know

The forum I use…the sources provide updated price lists and the method to contact them on their own thread. Most take Moneygram or Western Union sent to China then you get your gear from domestic address. Dont use a website. Not worth the chance of getting caught.

We do not discuss UG sources in these forums.