Newb Questions about Ketosis

One other thing: I was talking to a PT friend and she wanted to know if you’ve been mobilizing your scar. If not, you need to be.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
One other thing: I was talking to a PT friend and she wanted to know if you’ve been mobilizing your scar. If not, you need to be.[/quote]

Hi Dr. Pangloss. What does mobilizing a scar mean? Moving it? If so I’m not entirely sure how I go about doing that. It covers about half the circumference of my lower abdomen, if that makes sense. Right above my groin area and ends in the middle of my sides.

The photo I’m posting isn’t of me, but I think is a pretty good representation of what my scar looks like except it extends a little more through the sides and is a little wider right now and more “purple”.

I hope this helps. Thanks for the response.

So, my PT friend feels that you should contact your surgeon and ask for a script for PT. Your PT should be able to show you basic scar mobilization techniques as well as design an appropriate workout for you, if you choose the right therapist. You may have to call around or look for a PT with some kind of exercise background.