Newb, Just Started TRT

I have been lurking for a while. Thought it was time to join.
Im 41. Was 258 1 year ago but down to 208 now.
I have just recently started TRT. The doctor did not tell me all of my numbers but he said everything looked great aside from Total being 406. I told him that I had highs and lows as far as symptoms. Sometimes I felt great, sometimes horrible. He said I was probably fluctuating above and below the 406. He agreed to start me on TRT.

I think I may be on a very strange schedule from what I have read on here.
200 MG/ Test Cyp once a month.

I have had 1 injection so far. I felt amazing for about 2 1/2 week. My energy was though the roof. In general I felt great. I can not remember ever feeling that good. My mood was also very good. Felt happy all the time. Now I am waiting until the 27th for the next injection and I feel like I used to.

I dont know if the doc will agree to it but I think I will ask him if I could go 200 Cyp every 2 weeks. If he does not agree I may have to supplement a little extra on my own. What do You guys think about my 200 cyp a month? How often do docs usually test levels?

Just a little frustrated.
Thanks for any feedback.

[quote]Nofairweather wrote:
I have been lurking for a while. Thought it was time to join.
Im 41. Was 258 1 year ago but down to 208 now.
I have just recently started TRT. The doctor did not tell me all of my numbers but he said everything looked great aside from Total being 406. I told him that I had highs and lows as far as symptoms. Sometimes I felt great, sometimes horrible. He said I was probably fluctuating above and below the 406. He agreed to start me on TRT.

I think I may be on a very strange schedule from what I have read on here.
200 MG/ Test Cyp once a month.

I have had 1 injection so far. I felt amazing for about 2 1/2 week. My energy was though the roof. In general I felt great. I can not remember ever feeling that good. My mood was also very good. Felt happy all the time. Now I am waiting until the 27th for the next injection and I feel like I used to.

I dont know if the doc will agree to it but I think I will ask him if I could go 200 Cyp every 2 weeks. If he does not agree I may have to supplement a little extra on my own. What do You guys think about my 200 cyp a month? How often do docs usually test levels?

Just a little frustrated.
Thanks for any feedback.[/quote]

Even I know that it’s crap. The usual dosage seems to be 100-150mg per week, split in two doses. You don’t use an AI? HCG?

You’ll need to ask him for a copy of the labs. The TRT experts on this forum will want all the information you can provide. Read the advice for new guys post near the top. It’s got a lot of good info and will definitely give you a good starting point.

As for the 200mg/month, that’s terrible. Even less knowledgeable TRT docs give 200mg/every other week, which is also terrible. 100mg/week, in divided doses (IE. 50mg/2x a week) will give you stable levels and you can avoid the peaks and troughs of wildly fluctuating T levels and the associated physical side-effects.

[quote]Kaynon311 wrote:
You’ll need to ask him for a copy of the labs. The TRT experts on this forum will want all the information you can provide. Read the advice for new guys post near the top. It’s got a lot of good info and will definitely give you a good starting point.

As for the 200mg/month, that’s terrible. Even less knowledgeable TRT docs give 200mg/every other week, which is also terrible. 100mg/week, in divided doses (IE. 50mg/2x a week) will give you stable levels and you can avoid the peaks and troughs of wildly fluctuating T levels and the associated physical side-effects.[/quote]

I did read the stickies before posting. That is what made me even more concerned with this program. I did not see anyone doing anything that resembled what I am on.

Also, No AI or anything else. Just the Cyp 1x month. That is it.

We are in very much the same boat NFW,

Even at 100mg a week i could feel the ups and downs. I took it upon myself to switch to 50mg 2x a week and things have really leveled out for me.

Now i gotta try and find a doc that has heard of hcg and AI’s.

Trying to find a doctor that will prescribe you hCG and anastrozole will be challenging. You’ll have to stay optimistic and active and you may also have to go through several doctors before you find the right one. Given the fact that your doc is using 200mg/once a month protocol, I am doubtful that he will have any clue about the benefits of hCG and anastrozole. These seem to be a bit more advanced in HRT (unfortunately) than most doctors have gone. I could be wrong.

You’ll probably have to inform him yourself. I’m sure you know doctors don’t like being taught by patients, so you’ll need to do a lot of research and present it respectively. Type up everything you want to say. Research the pros as well as the cons so you know exactly what you’re asking of him. The numerous positives far outweigh any negatives. If you get an outright “no!”, then you’ll know it’s time to move on.

Achy balls and high estradiol are no fun. They will ruin all the positive effects of TRT and make you wonder if it’s even worth it. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Keep us informed.

OP: What your doc is doing is horrible. Tell him that you want to self inject 50mg twice a week. [Use insulin needles a per the sticky.]

Explain to doc:
Young normal males get T released all the time, not once a month.
Young normal males release about 10mg T per day.
T esters are about 70% T, so 100mg/week is really 70mg/week T and that is 10 mg/day.

Most do not land on a useful doctor, we have a sticky for finding a TRT doc.

You need labs:
TT
FT
E2
TSH
cholesterol
glucose
TSH
fT3
fT4

Before you started TRT, you should have had LH/FSH as a diagnostic.