T Nation

New York Special Election

A Congressional seat is up for grabs. Here’s a chance for you New Yorkers to send a message to Congress, and especially our leader, Nancy Pelosi (Obama runs nothing.)

"As you know, The National Republican Trust PAC is playing a major role in the battle for the special Congressional election in New York, set for Tuesday, March 31st.

That’s just a week away ? but it is already turning into a major national battle. Obama and Nancy Pelosi are pouring millions into the race ? along with the help of their major union allies.

They know the stakes. If their candidate, liberal Wall Street Democrat Scott Murphy loses, it will send a big message to every Democrat in the House and Senate that they could lose if they back Obama’s radical agenda.

You see, this Congressional district was once held by a Democrat, who vacated her seat to take Hillary Clinton’s place in the Senate.

Now, conservative Republican James Tedisco is fighting to win it."
— Newsmax

yawn

No, it’s a good point.

It seems the only way that Obama – who in just, what, nine weeks in office has increased the deficit more than the previous record-holder for drunken-sailor spending, George W Bush, had done in eight [/i]years – can be held to anything remotely approaching a “middle of the road” course is if a significant number of Democrats fear being seen as his stooges and therefore cannot be counted on to vote for outrageous bills simply because a Democrat President and the Congressional leadership want them.

Congressional voting should not be monolothic and robotic, simply adhering to party line and nothing else.

Of course, the fact that members are expected to vote on bills they are not even allowed to read does not bode well for any thoughtful action, or anything but blind “party loyalty” voting, but whatever traces of actual thought and concern can occur regarding what their constituents might want and what serves them and the country best would be an improvement over the present situation.

My big concern is still for the courts.

I’m actually hoping for the most abominable ultra leftist legislative agenda they can muster. It may cure us for a few years when people see what happens when you put a bunch of America hating bookworms in charge.

Legislation and budgets can be changed. Federal court appointments are for life.

The GOP is being handed yet another golden opportunity if they play it right, but if recent history is any indication, that is anything but a given.

The GOP is retarded, and has been for a long time. They’re not strategizing properly, and routinely mis-apply or lose the public PR game. Aside from that, they’ve gotten so far away from their supposed ideals that I doubt they exist anymore.

I could run a better party than the damned GOP is in recent years.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
The GOP is retarded, and has been for a long time. They’re not strategizing properly, and routinely mis-apply or lose the public PR game. Aside from that, they’ve gotten so far away from their supposed ideals that I doubt they exist anymore.

I could run a better party than the damned GOP is in recent years.[/quote]

The GOP has traditionally been much more politically savvy than the Democrats and played the power game much better. They knew what buttons to press with voters. But, that is seemingly a thing of the past. Indeed, they have been retarded in recent years. In addition to abandoning fiscal conservatism and most of the principles making them worthy of supporting in the first place.