New York Pro 2018

The overall level of conditioning was so low. Most of the guys looked like water balloons.

9 times out of 10, there’s no decent conditioning at NPC/IFBB shows these days. Thats why you can’t argue when fans cry about how the 90’s were so great.

S

1 Like

Did that bottom right guy #26 pump his lats full of synthol or what? That doesn’t look even remotely right in any context.

It’s Akim Williams and IMO he has one of the most disgusting bodybuilder physiques of all times.

I believe Shaun Clarida won the 212. Not bad for a guy who was competing in the WNBF At aBout 135 lbs. (obviously he’s put on a lot more weight since then)

S

i truly admire shaun clarida. Ads%C4%B1z

Yeah, Shaun’s come a long way. I last saw him a couple of years back at a show in Jersey and he was ribbing me for retiring, but not everyone has the long term goals he does (and priorities change -lol). Regardless, I can admit that I never truly believed he’d reach the level he has. I used to watch him at Wnbf shows, and he was always about 135 lbs, looking great, but you knew he was never gonna take the overall… he’s really shut up a lot of naysayers no question. Crazy respect for the guy.

S

seeing his drive and watching his training videos motivate me as hell.
definitely one of my favorite bodybuilders.
except his calves, i dont think he lacks anything. he may be a top 6 material in the olympia this year.

I was planning on going since i knew two people competing in the Classic Division but life got in the way. I never like to make snap judgments on pictures but from what I saw online both from video and images, the open division is just not something I care to follow anymore. These guys just look off.

Classic was much better IMO but some of the guys there are getting too big and the proportions look off there too.

1 Like

i think the german guy david hoffmann looked amazing and got robbed.
i hate seeing the hyped up guys with strong social media following (regan grimes in this case) win over athletes that deserved the title.

1 Like

There are always some blatant robberies. Arash, Brad and I were group-text-commenting over the weekend over a few side by side comparisons of athletes that just defy explanation.

S

The New York Pro is a hollowed shell of the contest it once was, especially when it was called the Night of Champions and some of the best ever competed in it: Dorian Yates, Pavol Jablonicky, Chris Cormier, Paul Dillet, Momo Benaziza, Mike Matarrazo… just too many to mention. I started going at the age of 19 in 1998 or 1999 and went to nearly every one up until last year. I’ll never forget when Markus Ruhl won, at the Beacon Theater. Now that was crazy and the crowd was going bonkers for him!

It used to be one of the highlight events of the spring season for me. And I had the best time out of all my attendances with @The_Mighty_Stu when our pal @arash_rahbar won the CP division in 2016.

Well, after last year, I lost interest completely. I didn’t even know it was gong on until the day before because I came across a post elsewhere.

what is your opinion about aaron clark’s physique?
is it possible for palumboism to start at such a young age? he looks terrible.

It has declined dramatically. As we see here, it happened at his age.

God, that’s awful.

It’s actually upsetting. Just, why? Why would a relatively young guy do that to himself? Is he and others not aware of what’s happening to themselves?

1 Like

Got these pics from my friend who was there. Woman on left placed higher than woman on right. This is robbery and I question just what the hell judges were thinking or if there was an inside shenanigan! @The_Mighty_Stu

That I don’t know their names are and am too disinterested to find out shows that my love for the NY Pro died!

I’m not one to make comments on any competitors based solely on one image, but, having sat in the judges’ seat many times over the last 7 years, and knowing full well what the criteria is,… I’m left scratching my head over the above image of the two women.

S