T Nation

New York Pro 2014 Lineup

Can’t for this Saturday. I’m going to pre-juding. I’ve been going on and off since it was called the Night of Champions and every time I’ve only been to the night show.

This years lineup:

2014 IFBB NY Pro Men’s Open Bodybuilding Competitors

1. Baito Abbaspour
  2. Fouad Abiad
  3. Henri Pierre Ano
  4. Jeff Beckham
  5. Lionel Beyeke
  6. Max Charles
  7. Jonathan Delarosa
  8. Constaninos Demetrio
  9. Marius Dohne
  10. Michael Kefalianos
  11. Juan Morel
  12. Sergey Shelestov
  13. Salid Tejan Kamara
  14. Daniel Toth
  15. Akim Williams
  16. Eboni Wilson

2014 IFBB NY Pro Men’s 212lb and Under Bodybuilding Competitors

1. Breon Ansley
  2. Thomas Benagli
  3. Curtis Bryant
  4. Marco Cardona
  5. Guy Cisternino
  6. Shaun Clarida
  7. Aaron Clark
  8. Guy Ducasse
  9. Abiu Feliz
  10. Milton Holloway
  11. Stan McQuay
  12. Lukas Osladil
  13. Bryan Pazdzierz
  14. Craig Richardson
  15. Marco Rivera
  16. Amit Sapir
  17. Steve Silverman
  18. Gregory Ulysse
  19. Marvin Ward
  20. Mike Yablon

Any predictions? I am looking forward to seeing in particular Juan Morel, Michael Kefelianos, Amit Sapir, and Constantinos Demetrio.

I can’t honestly say I’ve seen much of the other competitions in the 212 but Aaron Clark looks to be in the best shape of his life at the moment so take from that what you will!

im interested in seeing if Max Charles and Akim Williams can break the top 10 in their first pro show…

I think Ramy is going to do the NYP this year…if he does, its his show to lose…

and I believe that Baito is in the 212 division

Im excited to see how Clark and Cisternino compare after Cisternino made those comments regarding Aaron’s interview

Jon or Juan will win the overall.

Haha…

I remember Jeff from Diamond Gym on Jamaica Avenue and Richie’s Gym in Richmond Hill.

…that was years ago.

…proud of that dude.

[quote]get_ate wrote:
Haha…

I remember Jeff from Diamond Gym on Jamaica Avenue and Richie’s Gym in Richmond Hill.

…that was years ago.

…proud of that dude.[/quote]

Are you from either of those towns? I live not far from Queens Village and worked in Jamaica for a few years. My dad had a shop near Jamaica Ave. and Springfield Blvd.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Are you from either of those towns? I live not far from Queens Village and worked in Jamaica for a few years. My dad had a shop near Jamaica Ave. and Springfield Blvd.

[/quote]
Yeah, man.

I’ve been gone from there for at least seven years now, though.

Having personally known Shaun Clarida for a while now, I’m pretty stoked to see him up there. Sure the 212 is for the men of relatively ‘smaller’ stature, but Shaun really is somewhat slight (genetically) in comparison to some of the beasts up there. The guy eats, breaths and lives bodybuilding, and I know a hell of a lot of people were pleasantly surprised (yet very proud and damn happy) to see him turn IFBB Pro (He’s won countless Wnbf LIghtweight Pro Shows over the years).

S

Ramy wins open

Aaron Clark wins 212 which qualifies him to compete in the O… hey Prisoner where you at? hahahaaaaaa

I was there for the prejudging, and it was a seriously great show. The 212’s were mind blowing. Really look tight between Aaron and Cisternino. I honestly thought they were gonna give the nod to Guy, but the scoring sheets (released online) showed very differently in Aaron’s favor. He really has done so insanely well in such a short time as a Pro.

In the Open, the crowd reactions for Delarosa was just unreal, Morel as well (who I think looks to have an advantage due to his relative height). Ramy though was just insane. The sheer amount of meat just hanging off this guy, especially his legs is crazy to see in person.

Definitely amazing quality all around. One cool little after story though; my buddy and I were hanging around outside after the prejudging, so you saw people like Peter McGough, Chris Aceto, various coaches/gurus, even competitors (a lot of amateurs I recognized just from going to various contests) hanging around, chatting, snapping pics etc. A few Pro BBers came out and were interacting with people, and as my friend turned around and got a very up close look at the size of an actual professional’s arm, I saw the look of amazement on his face and said “remember just how damn huge that guy is -and in contest condition!- the next time someone online tried to convince you that they’re pro size.”

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I was there for the prejudging, and it was a seriously great show. The 212’s were mind blowing. Really look tight between Aaron and Cisternino. I honestly thought they were gonna give the nod to Guy, but the scoring sheets (released online) showed very differently in Aaron’s favor. He really has done so insanely well in such a short time as a Pro.

S[/quote]

No doubt the powers that be want Aaron to be at the O. Guy already qualified and wouldn’t be gaining anything except for a slightly larger paycheck if he had won.