New WR Bench.

Gene Rychak

I wish I had short arms!!! NO seriously, regardless…that’s a ton of weight…or half ton to be exact!

amazing! What does this guy put up for a total?

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
amazing! What does this guy put up for a total?[/quote]

Rychlak has squatted over a grand, i don’t know what he pulls.

Just out of curiosity, why aren’t these lifts done in any sort of rack. If something went wrong I doubt those buys could keep the lifter safe from serious injury.

Anyways, impressive lift.

Hes squated 1005 in comp benched 1010 in comp and pulled 735 in comp.

medelson still has the raw bench record right? rylack is a fattie

Gene could have it if he trained for raw.

I still like Mendelson more.

That was awesome! It looked more smooth than Mendelson too.

Awesome lift. Where/when was this comp?
Will42

[quote]superhero#1 wrote:
medelson still has the raw bench record right? rylack is a fattie[/quote]

and Mendy got fat to hit his 1008, plus all the oxygen tanks he needs to survive a meet.

[quote]John S. wrote:
Gene could have it if he trained for raw.[/quote]

No. If he could he would.
What people get out of a bench shirt is dependant on skill, training, body type (fat distribution), their levers (ie bone length, and makeup).
A bench shirt stores mechanical energy and basically transfers the exercise from one
of using your muscles as levers to using your bones as the primary levers.
A shirted bench is a shirted bench and shouldn’t be compared to raw.
This lift is an impressive feat and should be appreciated for what it is.

yes because everyone can get 1010 out, usually these top guys get about 300 out of there shirt right? well thats about 710 raw, Do you honestly thing if he gave up the shirt and started training raw he couldnt?

[quote]John S. wrote:
yes because everyone can get 1010 out, usually these top guys get about 300 out of there shirt right? well thats about 710 raw, Do you honestly thing if he gave up the shirt and started training raw he couldnt?[/quote]

Yup.

Does anyone else think that it’s kind of a travesty that the WR in the deadlift is roughly the same as the WR bench press?

I think that all the gear is ruining PL. To the point that the only lift I pay any attention to is the DL.

[quote]DS 007 wrote:
Does anyone else think that it’s kind of a travesty that the WR in the deadlift is roughly the same as the WR bench press? [/quote]

Not at all.