New Workout Routine

[quote]SEV1800 wrote:
ive been training for about a year and a half…and i’ve gained around 40 pounds of muscle. i started working out at 14 and was a little over 105 pounds and could barely bench 95 pounds. now im 16, 157 pounds and i rep 225 pounds 3-5 times. and not only this but my arms, shoulders, back, and legs have also gotten significantly bigger. i research before i make workouts and i really dont think that you can say that i should stick with programs on here if what im doing is working and what im doing is what i like.[/quote]

also, you forgot a thing called puberty. you were going to grow at your age even if you werent training. my humble advice is to stick to all the big lifts( dead, squats) and eat a lot. at your age, your hormones are flourishing, so make sure to keep your body fueled up and hit the weights hard.

[quote]SEV1800 wrote:
i didn’t mean to sound like a dick in the last post but maybe you’re right.

anyways, my set/rep plan is about 12-15 sets per muscle area, and always keeping in the 6-12 rep range.

and i have decided to switch the routine as follows:
monday - chest/back
tuesday - legs/ tris
wednesday - shoulders bis
thrusday - chest/back
friday - legs/tris
saturday - shoulder bis
sunday - off

abs on tuesday/thursday
short cardio before every workout[/quote]

This is better than your first one. Do this until it quits working and then change it. 4-6 weeks should do it.

Sev, Most of the lifters here have been lifting for longer than you have been alive…no disrespect.

This is my first post after viewing for a couple of years. I use to strength train high school football players. The fastest way to increase strength and size at your age level is a full body 3 day a week program. You need to build a base foundation before you start splitting and specializing.

Most of the articles and pics you see in muscle mags are from drug enhanced individuals who can split a routine and recover to do it all again. Still you don’t hear of all the failures who over trained, got injured or lost interest. What I am saying in short is take your time to grow up.Educate yourself by reading what the majority of the lifters here do.

But with all the proper training comes a responsibilty to properly rest and eat.
And last stay away from the excess supps. out there. At your age your body is producing a tremendous amount of test. that all you really need is proper nutrition and maybe a protein supp. and mulit vit/min. Please take a week off and let your body heal.

Then find a good full body 3 day w/o and hit it hard. You will look forward to the workout session because you properly rested. Good luck and if can help you out let me know.

[quote]SEV1800 wrote:
my new routine is as follows:
Monday/Thursday - chest/back
Tuesday/Friday - shoulders/biceps
Wednesday/Saturday - legs/triceps

abs/cardio everyday

anybody have any suggestions?
[/quote]
First I want to welcome you to our world of weight training. At your age I am impressed that you are that dedicated to lift six days a week. The really big problem is if you continue with this type of program you will over train, lose interest and quit, or get hurt. We can help you hear, but you have to respect what we say to you and take as constructive criticism and not anything negative.

With that being said , most of the guys in these forum have been lifting longer than you been alive…no-disrespect. Most of us have been where you are right now. You want to be big and strong and you want it fast. The problem is that if you try to do more then want is needed you WILL OVER TRAIN.Which is worse than not training at all. This is my first post here after viewing for awhile.

I used to strength train high school football players all with your enthusiam. The first thing I told them was that we need to build a base foundation first before we build upon it. What you are doing WILL eventually lead to no gains and lost of interest fro over training. Please trust us. We want to start you on the right foot and keep you interested into your golden years. So, if youtrust us…take a week off and relax so your body can heal. Then find a good full body 3 per week workout and hit it hard with all your intensity that you would of used for your split routines. I am not saying that split routines are bad, just they are bad for YOU at your age.

Try this for two months ,eat and rest properly and can promise you a big change if you follow it to the letter. Also take a before pic, then two months later take another pic. You will be suprised in the results. Remember stick to big compound lifts…Squat, bench press, deadlift,cleans overhead presses, chins and dips with weights. Forget the short cuts because there are none.

As far as supps. go. Basic protein mix and a good multi vit/min. but if you don’t eat properly and often you will hurt your results. Finally, if I can be of further assistance feel free to let me know. Good Luck.