New Whey Liquid 42

Take a look at this stuff. Protein in vial like servings. No fridgeration, mixing or blending and can take any where ya go. 42grms of protein. What the hell is this “collagenic protein isolate”? Patent pending.

Love the idea of having ready to go protein ,no fat & no carbs at 42grms per serving if protein is good and not degraded. Will proteins in it degrade though and can you trust each serving is what it says?

“New Whey delivers 42 grams of pure protein with no carbs or fat in a 2.9 ounce serving! Perfectly conceived convenience, consumed in as little as three seconds! New Whey is the ideal protein supplement for people on the go”!

3 USD for ~40g protein is excessive to me.
Additionally, collagen isn’t a great source of essential amino acids.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Additionally, collagen isn’t a great source of essential amino acids.[/quote]

Hey Dave thanks for the reply. I remember reading that collagen was a poor source of protein.

Too bad man. I really like the idea behind it. If they could get quality out of it I would use it. The 42 grms doesn’t bother me. I have been getting that amount per serving for a few years now. Its around the amount I like taking whether I’m adding carbs or fat too.

Like I get from Biotest stuff though, I expect quality and that is where alot of these other products fall short.(the collagen)

[quote]David Barr wrote:

all for the price of 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive and a serving of a quality greens product. mmm collagen

[quote]solarflame wrote:
David Barr wrote:

Hey Dave thanks for the reply. I remember reading that collagen was a poor source of protein.

Too bad man. I really like the idea behind it. If they could get quality out of it I would use it. The 42 grms doesn’t bother me. I have been getting that amount per serving for a few years now. Its around the amount I like taking whether I’m adding carbs or fat too.

Like I get from Biotest stuff though, I expect quality and that is where alot of these other products fall short.(the collagen)

[/quote]

LOL Dave wasnt bashing the amount of grams from an intake basis, but a price basis and quality then.

40 grams cake walk bro

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
solarflame wrote:
David Barr wrote:

LOL Dave wasnt bashing the amount of grams from an intake basis, but a price basis and quality then.

40 grams cake walk bro

Phill[/quote]

Oops my bad. I’m an idiot! LOL…

what’s wrong with the price ? that’s a SUPER CONVENIENT 3 oz pkg !

…looks like the going rate is around $2.25 nextag.com domain name is for sale. Inquire now.

www.myvitanet.com/nelipr2vi12v.html

Cool. Maybe Biotest could come out with stuff like this.

8L Juggs anyone?

If Biotest came out with this I would definetely buy it. I have been using this before my workouts to get a quick shot of protein. Its awesome, sits well and is super quick.

Its like taking a shot from the drink girl at a strip club. Without the boobs though :frowning:

In all seriousness though, being able to take 42g down in 3 secs is very convienent. Mixing protein can be a pain in the ass, especially if your container smells as bad as mine do after a previous mix.

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
Mixing protein can be a pain in the ass, especially if your container smells as bad as mine do after a previous mix. [/quote]

That and the fact that shakers that don’t leak are apparently well beyond the means of current technology.

it is called rinse after use, wash as soon as possible and they will smell nice and fresh.

the one quart rubbermaid chuggables have a nice little thing called a seal. doesn’t leak unless you supremely suck.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
five-twelve wrote:
Mixing protein can be a pain in the ass, especially if your container smells as bad as mine do after a previous mix.

That and the fact that shakers that don’t leak are apparently well beyond the means of current technology.

[/quote]

Dish washer for the odor.

And my shaker cups rarely leak. If the lid isn’t sitting all the way flush with the cup a nice elbow to the top of the lid in a downward manner sets it straight.

The liquid whey looks kinda interesting.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
five-twelve wrote:
Mixing protein can be a pain in the ass, especially if your container smells as bad as mine do after a previous mix.

[/quote]

SO TRUE!!!

I know Gold Standard’s brand of Whey comes in 40ish grams and 20ish grams serving sizes. The 40 cost twice as much per barrel but only has half the serving sizes of teh 20 barrel. The 40 barrel’s serving sizes weight twice as much as the 20 barrel serving sizes.

I’m pretty sure it’s damn near impossible to buy protein shakes that are more than 75% actual protein by weight.

[quote]David Barr wrote:

It also contains whey protein isolate as well as casein protein isolate. It would be interesting to see what the ratios are, to know how much of it is collagen vs whey/casein.

I don’t think the price is that bad considering the convenience, and it is said to be heat stable, so you don’t have to refrigerate it. Again, maybe Biotest should look into a product like this.