New Weightlifting Club in Manhattan

This is a copy of a post I made on other forums, just to let people know there is now a new option for weightlifters in Manhattan.

If you want to move this to a more appropriate forum, by all means, but I’m just letting everyone in the 5 boroughs (or further, you’re welcome to make the trip) that my friend has outfitted a pre-existing gym space with:

2 platforms
2 competition Eleiko bars
350kg + worth of bumpers
Squat stands
We also have a custom made, wooden strongman log on the way
We’ll be adding equipment as well

The gym is Complete Body and Spa on 19th street between 5th and 6th ave. It’s a black iron gym with racks, benches, an abundance of bars, heavy DB’s, round plates, and even a GHR.

You’ll have to pay a normal monthly gym fee, plus the monthly club fee, which is $50. This goes toward footing the bill for the equipment.

You’ll likely wind up paying between $100-$120 total a month depending on what you can work out with the gym owners.

We’ve also fortunate enough to have a high level Russian lifter (who competes in America) come through once a week or so, who helps with technique and lifts serious weight as well.

I just want to make it clear that we are not a business. We’re a group of lifters who welcome anyone who trains hard and wants to learn about weightlifting.

Everyone is friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. We’re aware of the horrendous prices one can end up paying when seeking out Crossfit boxes in the city to Olympic lift.

We won’t tell you what to do, we won’t force you to do a program. As long as you’re respectful to the gym, to the equipment, and most importantly, to your fellow lifters, you’re free to do as you please.

We have a website up called Manhattan Weightlifting, same name as the club, where you can find more info.

NOTE: As of right now, we are not accepting drop-in or one day fees. Maybe down the line, but as of right now, the logistics of such a thing is too difficult.