New Vibrating Exercise Machine

ha what does everyone think of this contraption?

bs

[i]The new exercise machine removes the need to actually work out.

Manufacturers claim that the vibrating platform offers the same benefits of an hour-long sweaty gym workout in just 15 minutes with the machine burning the calories for you.[/i]

Sniff. Sniff. I smell something…

Total crap. Madonna lifted weights long before this machine came out. I hate the media.

While the hype in the article is out of line, there actually is evidence supporting whole body vibration as beneficial to performance (not as a replacement of conventional training, but useful in combination with or an addition to normal training).

You can pubmed ninja ‘whole body vibration’ if interested.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1052904&pageNo=0#1052968

[quote]Vyapada wrote:
While the hype in the article is out of line, there actually is evidence supporting whole body vibration as beneficial to performance (not as a replacement of conventional training, but useful in combination with or an addition to normal training).
[/quote]

I’ve read that as well. Never tried it though.

As with all new products, it will never replace traditional weightlifting methods, but could be a supplement in some way shape or form. Until somebody smarter than me figures it out though, I’ll stick to the ole barbells and dumbells.

[quote]The Crap Article:
After the muscley 47-year-old Queen of Pop

With her heavily muscled arms, you would be forgiven for thinking it is the result of a punishing exercise regime at the gym.
[/quote]

Um,i would say Madonna is very toned, “heavily muscled” and “muscley” i would not say.And like someone else already said, she did have a punishing reigme…that she probably still does,probably only used this machine once and is now getttin endorsements.

I guess it’s time to dust off those roller machines and hip/ass-jiggle contraptions from the 60s and 70s.

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
I guess it’s time to dust off those roller machines and hip/ass-jiggle contraptions from the 60s and 70s.[/quote]

i was going to mention those. heh.

I am fairly certain a WHOLE LOT OF THE WOMEN who buy this thing come up with some kind of dildo-epoxied-to-the-plate solution that has them using this thing all the time.

HUMP those pounds off your thighs by pounding this machine with your thighs.

haha

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
but I’m not convinced you could replace 1hr of weights with 15 mins on this thing.[/quote]

And there lies the problem with most of these things. People think they can replace them, when they should really only be supplementing, if that. That huge thread about Swiss Ball DB pressing is a perfect example.

I use it as a recovery aid and as a massage device, i find it reduces DOMS significantly

I expected new technology to enhance sexual workouts. Imagine my disappointment.

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
I guess it’s time to dust off those roller machines and hip/ass-jiggle contraptions from the 60s and 70s.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly this machine is just missing the big belt to put around your hips.

You could just by a Washing machine and get the same results and clean clothes! Kill two birds with one stone.

Just look at this guy he has a low BF% and fresh clothing.

They did a good bit of research on this type of machine at the BSU lab, actually. After doing things on it like stretching and some strength exercises, they found a much higher EPOC and a greater ROM increase than regular stretching.

So it can have its place, though the cost is hardly justified for most uses.

-Dan