New/Updated HRT Program

Well, after a LOT of reading on this site (as well as a few others) and armed with a lot of info, and a GREAT new Doc, here is the NEW program I am on.

FYI … prior program (for 2 yrs) was 10mg of A-gel daily. I started HCG 250IU EOD at the end of this program

NEW Protocol as follows: (It is a 3 day program … repeated)

Day 1.
45 Mg of Test-Cyp injected Sub-Q into Thigh area with a 5/8" 25G
.50 Mg of anastrozole (A-dex)
.25Ml of compunded T-cream

Day 2.
Nothing : )

Day 3.
400IU HCG Sub-Q in abdomen with 5/16" 30G
.25Ml of compunded T-cream

25 MCG of Amour Thyroid every Day.
THIS HAS BEEN EXCELLENT. I know have energy again, and feel great since taking this. I had a TSH of close to 5.0 on last B/W.

The compunded T-cream is also MUCH better than A-gel.
Easier to apply, and no mess.
Label reads: 100mg Testosterone & 25MG Chrysin per ML.

Doc knows Crisler and Shippen and told me his BEST results have been using T-Cyp Sub-Q, with a small amount of cream, and A-dex.

Doc said based on the peak level of T-Cyp, to skip cream day after shot. (Makes sense to me)

A-dex is given Day of T-cyp, and right after HCG to combat T spike, and prevent excessive E2.

I will do BW in 30 days, and see what the results are.

So far … So great !

I would also like to say thank you to all the members on this board for sharing valuable info. It helps to know what has worked in the past, and what to expect. By sharing on this board, we also share all the BEST (as well as worst) Doctor advice.

That’s quite a complex protocol. I’m interested to hear how you make out with it. What’s the reason for adding in T cream?

It looks complex in writing, but really, it is not. (2 days administer, one day off)

Purpose of the T-cream was supposedly to fill in some expected dips in T levels. Doc said he (as well as others) have had the BEST results with combo therapy.
I only take a SMALL amount of cream. No where near the hassle of A-gel. I figure I have another 2 weeks before I really tart feeling the shots. But as of now, I feel pretty darn good. (which I think may be from the Amour med)

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
Good to hear your feedback on armour thyroid. If I wasn’t so skint I’d buy some, but hearing your feeback has definitely pushed it up my list of priorities.

EDIT: Just bought some as I found 100 x 15mg for a measly $32[/quote]

I take 60mg armour thyroid/day and don’t feel very energetic. It’s way better than synthroid seeing that armour has the active T3 component. I especially get fatigued in the evenings and tend to retire early because of that. I feel a lot of us don’t convert T4 to T3 well so the majority of the armour tab (T4) goes to waste in many cases. I hear a low carbs diet also further reduces the efficacity of the conversion process. Maybe T3 (cytomel) alone??

I have low free T however, and elevated SHBG, so that may be more core to my issues.

Just my 2 cents.

Hey Dynamo, ( Man, I remember that Zappa song)

What does your Doc say about LOW Free T and High SHBG ???

I have yet to hear of a remedy for that, that is proven and safe.

I have read taking Nettle root may work ??

Also read that Proviron works, but will bump up DHT quite a bit.

[quote]sxracer wrote:
Hey Dynamo, ( Man, I remember that Zappa song)

What does your Doc say about LOW Free T and High SHBG ???

I have yet to hear of a remedy for that, that is proven and safe.

I have read taking Nettle root may work ??

Also read that Proviron works, but will bump up DHT quite a bit.
[/quote]

My doc recommends Proviron. He says it is very safe at 50mg/d. He recommends doing liver enzyme lab works once in a while to ensure the ALT and AST enzymes are not elevated. He said there is little risk.

He believes for those with decent total T production, but low free T due to elevated SHBG (not elevated estradiol for which an AI could be of help) that Proviron will prevent much of the binding to SHBG resulting in a higher free T level.