T Nation

New Twists on Old Excercises

drop-set 21’s

line up 3 barbells 20lbs apart e.g. 110, 90, 70

then, without resting, do a set of 21’s with the 110, drop it and do a set of 21’s with the 90, then drop it and do a set of 21’s with the 70.

kick ass pump…and i always come close to cryin’

you guys got any new twists on old excercises that seem to work for you?

cheers!

girv
\m/

Tell ya what burns me as badly as anything I have tried is doing leg extensions in combination with jumping lunges.
Example: 8 reps on the leg extension sqeezing hard then onto jumping lunges performing 10 reps on each leg.
WHOOOAAAA!!!
P.S. Watch the knees!!

[quote]worker wrote:

Example: 8 reps on the leg extension sqeezing hard then onto jumping lunges performing 10 reps on each leg.
[/quote]

i’ll throw those in today and let you know.

cheers!

\m/

speaking of 21’s…another interesting variation is to adapt the 21’s rule to other muscle groups as well.

like shoulder press on a smith machine…7 reps chest to forehead…7 reps forehead to fully extended…and 7 full reps.

ouch dude.

\m/

Do a hard set of front squats with a weight that will allow anywhere from 6-10 reps…then…put the bar back on the rack and immediately get underneath it in the back squat position-do the same number of reps.

Summary:

front squat, 6-10 reps followed immediately by back squats with the same weight for the same number of reps.

Keith W.