T Nation

New Total Body Workout Plan

Please Critique:

did the Waterbury thing for 6 weeks now, like it so far gonna change it up a little though and wanted to ask for some advice of you guys.

first off i go training every 2nd day, meaning i train, then i rest 48 hours.
i keep this schedule up for as long as i feel i can. usually i take one more day off once every 2 weeks.

for compound i wanted to do

Squats

DB Bench press

Military Press

Rows

and for single joint i was gonna do

DB Biceps curl

French press /seated

Side raise

i start with compound and alternate the order and i'm working in about 100 situps/roman bench.

gym to home is about a mile of running/jogging.
i planned to do this for the next 2-4 weeks.

anything i should change/keep in mind?

thanx in advance.

What set/reps are you using? I like some of Waterbury's stuff but i really don't like undulating periodization at all - with the basic/compound lifts.

You've done a program designed by a world recognized coach for only 6 weeks, you like the results you're getting but you now want to change something up?

Am I missing something here?

Seriously?

You did say just 6 weeks right and not 6 months? Or was that a typo?

You also know that at the 6 weeks mark your body is only JUST starting to transform and that most people fail as they think they know better and will go back to the crap they've been doing for the past 5 years that has worked so well (not) for them...

Sorry for the sarcastic tone, but do the program - best advice I'll give you... Only "sub" something or change things up if you're actually injured or sick.

what smallFry said, also deadlifts

no see, actually i've just taken his advice on how to create a workout plan and changed three things namely, i go there every 2nd day, situps; and ONE more single joint exercise.

I don't mind the undulating thing, took some time to get used to it and to pick the right weight for the exercises.

and that's just it, i do everything just like Waterbury writes in his program as far as reps/sets just thought there was almost no ab-workout in there.

about 5 of the 7 exercises are somewhat new to me/or i haven't done em in a while.

I think more detail is needed in order to provide beneficial criticism. Listing exercises is nice, but specifics is the best.

other than the stuff i wrote it's all Waterbury total body training plan which goes like this

Week 1

Workout 1

Sets: 3

Reps: 5

Rest: 60 seconds between sets

Load: Choose a weight that forces you to near-failure for the last rep of the last set.*

*This is the recommended load for all workouts.

Workout 2

Reps: 8

Rest: 90 seconds between sets

Workout 3

Sets: 2

Reps: 15

Rest: 120 seconds between sets

Week 2

Perform with the same parameters as Week 1, but execute antagonist training for all six exercises (more on this later).

Week 3

Workout 1

Sets: 4

Reps: 5

Workout 2

Sets: 4

Workout 3

Reps: 15

Week 4

Perform the same parameters as Week 3, but execute antagonist training for all six exercises.

Week 5

Workout 1

Reps: 18

Workout 2

Workout 3

Reps: 12

Week 6

Perform the same parameters as Week 5, but execute antagonist training for all six exercises.

Week 7

Workout 1

Reps: 18

Workout 2

Workout 3

Reps: 12

Week 8

Perform the same parameters as Week 7, but execute antagonist training for all six exercises.

squats i just started with so i don't go so heavy on em, starting with 4-5 sets 10 reps.

i usually do a warmup before every exercise (15 reps -> light weight)

tell me if you wanna know any other specifics cause i can't think of anymore now.