New topic title here

new post new postnew post new postnew post new postnew post new post

I want you to seriously read these two articles. Maybe a couple times. They will really help you, if you’re 100% dedicated.

Diet:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=811783

Training:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1474118

I’ll read over those.

Yeah, I’m 100% dedicated, and i’m willing to put in whatever it takes to get results.

I’m really hoping to… Look better and be in better shape by mid-august. That’s my main goal. My band program starts on august 8th, and I’d really just like to breeze through it.

And look good for the swim party. :stuck_out_tongue:

eliteballa 4ever lol. troll

[quote]duncanidaho wrote:
eliteballa 4ever lol. troll[/quote]

What?

Hey man, instead of the cliched Brad Pitt look, why not go for Christian Bale (not in the Machinist, I mean Batman, or better yet - American Psycho). Just a thought!

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Hey man, instead of the cliched Brad Pitt look, why not go for Christian Bale (not in the Machinist, I mean Batman, or better yet - American Psycho). Just a thought![/quote]

Eh… I really cant find a good full body picture of that guy.

[quote]Eb4evr wrote:

I’m not looking to get incredibly bulky or anything like that. [/quote]

I think you’re underestimating how easy it is to get “incredibly bulky”, and that even if you tried, and did everything right, it would take you well over 8-10 years of constant work.

Now, if you lifted and ate as if your goal was to get “incredibly bulky”, I bet you would be much happier with your training results than if you were constantly worried about not getting too big.

You can start out by picking a cookie-cutter routine from one of the many, many training articles here. You may get some people telling you how you need an individualized routine, and need to learn how your body works, and what’s best for you, but that will take a lot of time to figure out, and in the mean time, you can learn a lot about yourself by using a cookie-cutter routine.

One of the most successful on this site is the Anti-Bodybuilding Hypertrophy routine (ABBH):

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459341

Followed by the ABBH II:

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=307hyper2

And if you like the Waterbury programs, here is a spreadsheet of most of them, made by Sterno:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=615935&pageNo=4

I think the most updated one is halfway down page 5.

Hey, thanks a lot man. I’ll definitely check those out. When I say like… I’m not looking to get incredibly bulky, I’m not saying it’s easy by any means. I just specify that so like…

People don’t recommend me a long term routine that’d get me looking like a linebacker, you know?

[quote]Eb4evr wrote:
Hey, thanks a lot man. I’ll definitely check those out. When I say like… I’m not looking to get incredibly bulky, I’m not saying it’s easy by any means. I just specify that so like…

People don’t recommend me a long term routine that’d get me looking like a linebacker, you know?[/quote]

Feel free to give me such routines though.

Be sure not to overestimate the physiques of celebrities. The camera can fool you, I would say I know quite a few soccer players or water poloers that carry more muscle than Ryan Reynolds, Bale,Brad Pitt (in Troy) etc, and they don’t even lift much. Therefore, don’t put much stock in the way they got there and don’t limit yourself.

Hey. I read through that… ABBH thing, and I really… saw no mention of cardio. To be honest, a lot of the stuff in there was over my head. How would that help me lose that fat?

You have no muscle. you need to build muscle if you want to lose fat and look like those guys.

plus if you build muscle first you’ll be able to lose weight faster.

[quote]Eb4evr wrote:

People don’t recommend me a long term routine that’d get me looking like a linebacker, you know?[/quote]

This site is called Testosterone Nation! If you want to look pretty, go to cosmogirl.com or something.

However, if you want to build muscle, and get strong, then follow the advice you get here, and stop worrying about getting fat. You are a skinny, weak dude. Man up.

Seriously, you’re not fat, you just don’t have any muscle… You don’t need cardio, you need to lift heavy and start eating. You’re all bones.

[quote]Bezel wrote:
You have no muscle. you need to build muscle if you want to lose fat and look like those guys.

plus if you build muscle first you’ll be able to lose weight faster.[/quote]

Please read through the “Are You a Beginner 1 & 2” in the Beginners section. When your weight training you will burn plenty of calories as is. Plus with more muscle your natural metabolism goes up. Do the math.
Eat, train , sleep.

You are most certainly not fat, the very fact that you had to sit, crunch over and push out your belly to even show a slight roll is testament to this fact.

If you want to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club then you first need to build muscle and a fair bit of it. He was by no means large in that movie, however he was quite a bit bigger than you are now.

I would estimate that he was around 165-170lbs and extremely lean in that movie (maybe more depending on height), I reckon that he was at least 20lbs heavier in muscular weight than you are currently.

Your best route to looking like your goal is to take the time to build some muscle, and probably gain a little fat along the way, eating hypercalorically is a pre-requisite for gaining and a side affect will likely be some fat gain. I’m afraid this is something you are going to have to live with in the short term.

Then when you have an appreciable level of muscle mass you will need to cut down sensibly attemping to maintain that hard won muscle.

All the information you need to achieve these goals is available right here on this site.

Some places to start:

Building muscle:
Look up John Berardi: Massive Eating.
Read the beginner sticky threads.
Buy New Rules of Lifting book by Alwyn Cosgrove.

Cutting:
Look up T-dawg 2.0
Read the beginner sticky threads.
Look up Meltdown Training
Buy New Rules of Lifting book by Alwyn Cosgrove.

I seriously recommend Cosgrove’s book as an intro to weight lifting, it is well written and easy to understand and contains enough programming and diet advice to get you through your first year of serious training at least.

Remember: building your ideal physique is not going to be an easy quick fix thing to do. You are going to have to make some pretty large lifestyle changes and commit to training.
If this were easy everyone would be doing it.

If this was a troll job then bravo. golf clap. the “fat” picture with the arrow was a genius touch.

[quote]duncanidaho wrote:
eliteballa 4ever lol. troll[/quote]

Good catch.

Wow. That’s a lot of information.

Anyways, I’m not looking to look ‘pretty’. I’ve just been out of shape for a really long time, and I’ve always just been considered the fat kid. I guess that’s why it’s such a big deal for me to be cut, you know?

Someone sent me a private message asking what I meant by ‘fit’, as in, fit for what? To be honest, I’m not interested in any sports, but I’m very interested in parkour. I used to dabble in it about four years ago, but I could never do anything big because of my shape, so I’d really love to start doing it.

I came to this site for advice, though, just from recommendation. I’m sorry if it’s the wrong place for me to come, but there really does seem to be some great information posted so far.

And to those saying I’m a troll. Um… Yeah. Please don’t pollute my thread with that kind of crap. I’m sorry I have a slightly similar name, because two of the letters somehow form an acronym that’s the same as a troll’s name. I’m just using this name because it’s an old screen name of mine from when I was around the age of 10, and I’m using it because I don’t want anyone that I know to do a google search of any current names I use and find me on here. Sorry, but I find those pictures very embarassing.

To everyone else: Thank you very much.

[quote]Eb4evr wrote:
I’m just using this name because it’s an old screen name of mine from when I was around the age of 10, and I’m using it because I don’t want anyone that I know to do a google search of any current names I use and find me on here. Sorry, but I find those pictures very embarassing.

[/quote]

You need to get over your self image problems before you are going to make any sort of progress.

You see this alot these days, very skinny males with a fold of fat on their lower stomach who think they are fat because they have no muscle at all so are just flabby skin and bone, some form of male aneroxia…

People can look MUCH bigger and more cut in movies, do to lighting, camera angles, etc. I bet if you saw Brad Pitt in real life his physique would look VERY average and would not stand out at all (fight club era) you wouldn’t notice anything with a shirt on.

I don’t care what program you do it will not turn you into a freakin NFL linebacker in 2 months. get this misconception out of your head! Use the best program to make the quickest gains! and EAT for god sakes! If your arms some how explode to 20" Well you can always lose the muscle later if it upsets you (You will not get 20" arms on accident btw)

Basically if you want to gain 2" on your arms, the program that gets you gaining 6" will help you gain 2" quicker.

You follow me?

You are going to have to deal with your mental problems before you can deal with any of your physical ones.