New Tool Album

APC is good, and I have all there albums. They have very talented musicians in that band. However, they don’t hold a flame to Tool.

Tool is just so Tooly. Know what i’m saying?

I’m right there with you man! No Doubt. Both awesome bands–but there is no comparison. Only thing they have in common–Maynard James Keenan! Very talented man–especially when you are the centerpiece of two VERY talented bands!

[quote]maryjane wrote:
Only thing they have in common–Maynard James Keenan![/quote]

And Billy Howerdel.

On a side not, A Perfect Circle’s second album was a bit lacking compared to their other two.

Let’s hope it is the ONLY one!

And yes–hopefully this new album means another tour!

Maynard has been with APC for a long time. I’ve seen both bands multiple times. Both bands rock, but one particular APC concert was (slightly) better than any of the TOOL concerts I’ve seen. Maybe it was just because we were standing in the rain. One thing about TOOL, they seem to get better each time I see them. You can’t say that about very many bands.

I’ve been to both also–either way–both are unique.

Bands who get improve with time are usually the one’s that stick around the longest–YEAH!

ALso—APC’s last album was a lot of remakes. Yes, double album. TOOL has always been able to come up with NEW ORIGINAL music! It continues to rock even now–after, what, 10-15 years???

This is a good site for Tool News: http://toolshed.down.net/

It’s got a whole mess show dates for 2006 under the “Tour” section.

The only band that I love like Tool are the deftones.

I know this is a tool thread but I just had to throw that in there.

as much as i love the deftones, they really didn’t do much with their last album, the self titled one. To say they are somewhat similar to tool? i dunno man, they are very different. The only album i found to be toolish was white pony. ones prior to that were more korn sounding and screamo. still love them and will buy their new cd whenever that is, but i will shit myself when the new tool cd drops!

Ok Hibler–are you my long lost Brother or something? DEFTONES RULE. They have been my #1 band since 96 when Adrenaline came out!

RagingBassist— the reason why you may thing that White Pony sounds similar to Tool is b/c Maynard collaborated with Chino on this album.

If you know their History—Deftones started to go off the deepend when Chino became an alcoholic! :frowning:

[quote]Scottish 190 wrote:
Fuck all you junkies and fuck your short memories…
Fuck all you gun toting hip gansta wanna be’s…
Learn to swim…

You do know that Maynard’s been leading ‘A Perfect Circle’ during this break from ‘Tool’ don’t you?[/quote]

Honestly I saw the album cover for the newest APC album (that gay piece sign/band logo hologram thingy) and I refused to buy it. APC is decent, but they have a very amateurish simple sound that doesn’t compare to the complexity and polishedness that is a tool album.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Scottish 190 wrote:
APC is decent, but they have a very amateurish simple sound that doesn’t compare to the complexity and polishedness that is a tool album.[/quote]

Well Stated!

Best…Band…Ever

I have no doubt that the new TOOL album will be the best album since…well since Lateralus.

I’ve seen them several times and actually got to go backstage the last time they played in Amherst, MA.

It was AWESOME.

I don’t think APC gets enough credit though. Other than that piece of shit cover album which sucked the sweat off a dead cow’s balls (passive is a good tune though) APC is FANTASTIC. Different style…but equally as good imho.

Now…granted…I thought the album that Metallica took 5 years to make after the Black Album was going to rule too…but we know how THAT turned out.

TOOL is the greatest freakin band to ever walk the earth and I can’t wait!!

[quote]ragingbassist wrote:
as much as i love the deftones, they really didn’t do much with their last album, the self titled one. To say they are somewhat similar to tool? i dunno man, they are very different. The only album i found to be toolish was white pony. ones prior to that were more korn sounding and screamo. still love them and will buy their new cd whenever that is, but i will shit myself when the new tool cd drops![/quote]

I didn’t compare Tool to the deftones. I said that I love the deftones as much as tool. that’s just a mis-understanding. I fucking hate Korn, Korn died when that god-damn follow the leader came out. Korn and Deftones came out in the same era (early-mid 90’s). However, the deftones obviously are the better band because they have withstood the test of time. I do agree that the deftones did fall off a bit on the last album, but they were just trying to go a different direction. Anyway, this is a Tool thread, and long live TOOL!

[quote]maryjane wrote:
Ok Hibler–are you my long lost Brother or something? DEFTONES RULE. They have been my #1 band since 96 when Adrenaline came out!

RagingBassist— the reason why you may thing that White Pony sounds similar to Tool is b/c Maynard collaborated with Chino on this album.

If you know their History—Deftones started to go off the deepend when Chino became an alcoholic! :frowning: [/quote]

MaryJane- You got some bad ass musical taste, and you’re on T-Nation. There need to be more like you.

[quote]Scottish 190 wrote:
You got that right girl! Tool is to PC what Sex is to Masterbation.[/quote]

haha what a great comment!

I’ve seen Tool three times and APC once. Wow, best concerts ever. Maynard does something different each time, and it’s straight up crazy. Hands down my favorite band of all time. I honestly can’t even think of my favorite Tool song because they are all so good.

On a side note, when they do go on tour, book your tickets fast; as in the first few minutes. I know that here in Denver, they’ve sold out 10,000+ arenas in 15 minutes.

On a bad note, I probably won’t lift the week the CD comes out because I’ll be listening to the CD on repeat haha.

[quote]Jesse Cohen wrote:
On a bad note, I probably won’t lift the week the CD comes out because I’ll be listening to the CD on repeat haha. [/quote]

No, use the new album. Tool rocks and is great to workout to.

[quote]Hibler wrote:
maryjane wrote:

If you know their History—Deftones started to go off the deepend when Chino became an alcoholic! :frowning:

MaryJane- You got some bad ass musical taste, and you’re on T-Nation. There need to be more like you. [/quote]

Why thank you sir. I love music that you can fight, fuck, and have fun to!

[quote]Hibler wrote:
maryjane wrote:

MaryJane- You got some bad ass musical taste, and you’re on T-Nation. There need to be more like you. [/quote]

There’s nothing like getting really pissed and listening to Around the Fur. OH MY GOD–that album was made for me. I’m such a deftones whore. I love that damn band.