New to TRT

I’m new to this site and using test so if this post is in the wrong spot don’t flame me too much bro…
I am a 30 year old male cancer survivor that has recently been put on TRT. I was diagnosed with lymphoma at age 27 and did a few years of chemo and beat it… I have been cancer free for almost 2 years… However after chemo I gained a lot of weight and had trouble getting any progress with diet and training… I have the knowledge for both as prior to being diagnosed with cancer I was in great shape and had been lifting since My teens…

Any way long story short my doctor said he wanted to check my test and thyroid levels when I told him I was having trouble loosing weight and gaining mussel like I used to… He said chemo can reek Havoc on you hormone levels … So he did blood work and sure enough I had hyperthyroidism and low t. He put me on 50 mg test cyp a week and thyroid medication… It has been 4 weeks and I feel great and have already dropped 12 lbs and had significant strength gains…

But my question is this I understand from researching on sites like this that 50mg a week is pretty low even for TRT and I have been taking a little more on my own… 75 to 100mg a week …My starting test level was 290 any one have any well researched info on what a good weekly dose be to get me in the top of normal range… My dr seems to be fine with me being like 400 or 500 range… Obviously I’d prefer to be at 1000 I know from reading people using test to bulk take Waaay over that …but that’s not what I’m interested in I’d just like to get to the top of normal range, eat clean train hard and be HEALTHY. …

Any one on TRT know a good dose to try to get me there? My dr is not going to test my testosterone levels for another 6 weeks he checked my thyroid levels today after 4 weeks and they are good… But I have no idea where my test level is now…

Standard protocol:

• 100 mg/week testostone ester [cyp, eth]
    – can be injected SC with #29, 0.5ml, 0.5: insulin needles [50iu]
  • 250 iu SC EOD
  • 1.0 mg anastrozole per week in divided doses

Needed labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH [too late baby, needed before TRT]
CBC
fasting cholesterol and glucose
ALT/AST
TSH, fT3, fT4

Post any labs that you have for the above.

Read the advice for new guys sticky, carefully
Read the thyroid basics sticky and post your oral waking and mid afternoon body temperatures.

Given your history - add:
DHEA-S
AM cortisol
rT3

This is standard advice:

There is a huge amount of knowledge in the stickies. Please study these. Start with the advice for new guys sticky.

There is a lot to read there, so read carefully. There are suggestions for things that are root causes of low testosterone [T]. Low T is a symptom, not a root cause

itself. But low T itself is a root cause of many of the symptoms one experiences. Note that other things cause the same spectrum of symptoms, so do not have T tunnel

vision. Many docs are guilty of that and they only treat the symptom [low T] and do not attempt to find the real problem. If you go to a clinic that specializes in low

T, you will get T tunnel vision for sure.

Post info about yourself as suggested in the above sticky. We need labs, almost all of your labs, not just hormones. We also need the lab ranges.

We see a very high number of thyroid issues in the population of guys that show up here. So there is a strong focus on that. Most people are iodine deficient to some

degree. Your history of iodine intake from iodized salt and vitamins that list iodine is important. If you become iodine deficient, the RDA [recommended daily

allowance] is inadequate for recovery of iodine stores. Please see the thyroid basics sticky for more information.

You do not want to suffer from subclinical hypothyroidism or get Rx thyroid meds to treat iodine deficiency.

If you are injecting T or contemplating that, read the protocol for injections sticky.

There are stickies for finding a TRT doc, estradiol [E2] and lab work.

Do not place your history or treatment details in the stickies! That belongs in your thread. Keep all of your posts in your thread so we can have a clear picture of

your situation and needs.

Thanks man the only blood test results I have now are my starting testosterone levels which were
Total test:294
Free test:8.1

I have been on levothyroxine 100 mcg every day and 50 mg test cyp once a week for 4 weeks. I had my thyroid blood work done yesterday and all he said was that my thyroid levels were back to normal levels … He did not give me the results but I will be sure to ask for them and post it… He said he wants to test my testosterone levels in another 6 weeks… so that will be 10 weeks from the time he put me on test to my first blood test to determine how much it has gone up… This is my normal primary care dr I don’t go to a place that specializes in TRT… I see him and my oncologist on a regular basis to get testing and make sure my lymphoma is not returning so I get extensive blood work and P.E.T CT scans regularly… I may have had some of those labs you mentioned but I’m just not sure … I just started researching this TRT thing after my dr put me on it… It was his recommendation that I try it, I was not looking into it myself before hand, but now that I’m on it I feel the BEST I have In years since before I got cancer…