New to TRT

i did the 2nd injection this morning myself to the gluteous maximus although it’s a little

i had morning wood all week and cant remeber the last time that happened, and i had symtoms longer than 6 yrs ago. i was apalled when the doc said to inject 4 cc once month and i talked to the nurse when i got the vial if she asked the doc if i could break up the shot into 1 weekly injection of 100 mg/ 1/2cc per week and he okayed that. plus no other meds… i do have a source for adex and should get that soon.

height 5’10

weight 220

body type? have fat starting at top of shoulders donwn to inner thighs(same body type like hankr)

hair on chest sparse plenty on pits plenty around stomache and groin area and very light on the legs comment was made long time ago and asked if i shave my legs i said no

will have blood drawn monday will request labs and have list of what to check for

will take shot# 7 (7weeks) after labs

i know to take .25 eod/1mg per week per 100mgs test cyp each week still on weekly injects

good chance im e2 dominant

will update in a few days when i get labs back appt was cancelled reschduled may 2,2011

i now have adex and considering to change to 2x a week as i’v notice slight changes.

my question is if i change the protocol to twice per week wiil i have to wait again

for steady state for the next tests?

Read the protocol for injections sticky and the advice for new guys.

There is no reason to inject into your gluts!

[quote]KSman wrote:
Read the protocol for injections sticky and the advice for new guys.

There is no reason to inject into your gluts! [/quote]
REtest e2,TT,shbg,dht,progesterone
inject into your shoulders 29 gauge 1/2 inch would be more realistic and convient.

update

My endo who is a lifter, said in the Glutes is best injection site… Also use inch and a half needles 23 or 24 gauge… 29 gauge you using a jackhammer to push the test in LOL!!!

Try injecting into the vastus lateralis–the outside of your thigh, the middle third (between your knee and hip.) I personally find it a lot less awkward, and I can easiy use my dominant hand to inject in either leg. Also I don’t carry any fat there so I don’t have to worry about going quite so deep (1" needles are fine.)

Some people use their delts but I’m used to using both hands for the injection; one to stabilize the syringe and the other on the plunger, so this would be awkward for me. Your mileage may vary.

Twice-weekly injections are better than weekly, your levels will be more constant that way. I also find that my post-injection soreness is a fair bit milder with the smaller volume per shot; though it wasn’t real severe when I was on weekly injections either, it is reduced now…completely anecdotal, but it makes sense I think.

finally had blood work done may 2. the blood was drawn before my injection. waiting on the results and will
post results had a list for total T free T dhea s e-2 sensitive thyroid panel bio T

new results not good at all looking at possible and likely hypothyroid. t level in the tank. here are results
and will go back to doc for further blood draws with a bigger list.

tsh+t4f+tf3
tsh 3.250 uiu/ml 0.450-4.500

triiodothyronine,free serum 4.9 pg/ml 2.0-4.4 high/flaged
T4,free(direct) 1.32 ng/dl 0.82-1.77

test serum 90 ng/dl 249-836 low/flaged

dhea-s 39.3 ug/dl 44.3-331.0 low/flaged

2 other test did not show mistake on nurse/doc?

redrew blood for free T4 and estrdiol as for other blood work will be ordered such CBC CMP ferritin ect…

in the next couple weeks.

had crystals form in test cyp and was able to resolve that but recrystalized again mabe bad test? have another
bottle should i switch to that?

have changed injects to monday and thursday and started this last week.

have started liquid dex last week on .25 dose every other day only i thought they had e2 levels and did draw
blood for that last monday and took dex before the draw(doctor orderd estradiol and t4free) should i stop the
dex and retest the E2?

new results not good at all looking at possible and likely hypothyroid. t level in the tank. here are results
and will go back to doc for further blood draws with a bigger list.

tsh+t4f+tf3
tsh 3.250 uiu/ml 0.450-4.500

triiodothyronine,free serum 4.9 pg/ml 2.0-4.4 high/flaged
T4,free(direct) 1.32 ng/dl 0.82-1.77

test serum 90 ng/dl 249-836 low/flaged

dhea-s 39.3 ug/dl 44.3-331.0 low/flaged

2 other test did not show mistake on nurse/doc?

redrew blood for free T4 and estrdiol as for other blood work will be ordered such CBC CMP ferritin ect…

in the next couple weeks.

had crystals form in test cyp and was able to resolve that but recrystalized again mabe bad test? have another
bottle should i switch to that?

have changed injects to monday and thursday and started this last week.

have started liquid dex last week on .25 dose every other day only i thought they had e2 levels and did draw
blood for that last monday and took dex before the draw(doctor orderd estradiol and t4free) should i stop the
dex and retest the E2?

very odd. High TSH, but over the range Free T3.
The body should sense the high Free T3 and lower the TSH, but it’s not, so something else is going on.
I would recommend testing for 8am Cortisol, Reverse T3, Ferritin, and thyroid antibodies. If any of those are completely out of range, that might explain it.

just confirming - you started on Arimidex without knowing what your initial Estradiol levels were?

when was the blood draw in relation to you last T-shot? Total Test of 90 is a concern.

what is your entire protocol? all meds, supplements, etc.

What are your current symptoms?

purechance, yes on the estrediol.thought i had test done doc redid it last monday will have results 6-23

protocol 2 injects weekly(mon-thur)50mg 1/4 cc e3d this was started last monday.

2 fish oil rexall 2400mg every day

2 carlson vit d 4000mg every day

ubiqinol 200mg every day

semi dieting have lost 8-10 lbs last 3 weeks walk 4 miles 6 days a week

symtoms libido gone. around 5th-6th weeks started feelling down crashing on late 4th-5th day after injection a
and this was weekly.

the blod draw was before injection after one week

doc had blood drawn for estradiol and freet4 last monday

purechance check your pm

you may need to inject EOD if your levels were at 90 after 7 days. could be a super-excretor (like me). need to test after a couple of weeks on the new protocol (on day 2 and day 3 if at all possible).

no new PMs?

purechance check again, but if nothing i dont know what i’m doing wrong

purechance as of the comming monday i have an apt with the doc(primary) for follow up to blood work should i as for blooddraw for tt free/bio t or should i wait till i see the urology doc on june 20? valid question,
just not sure of timing…any info is greatly appreciated.

Barton

hey barton,

can you please rephrase your question? (or can someone interpret for me)? I am getting lost.

sorry i’ll rephrase

monday is begining of the 3rd week of twice weekly injection mon and thur.

my primary doc had blood drawn for estradiol amd ft4 on the may 9.

i wamted to know if it was ok to have blood drawn for total testosterone and free testostserone or Bio test

as a spur of the moment decision while at the doc while reading result test done earlier (may 23 visit)

or wait till june 20 for testing as i’ll be beyond 4 wks and have reach steady state with the new injection

protol that i have listed.

hope this helps

I am of the opinion that if you can get your doctor to run tests then go ahead and do it. the more data points you have, the clearer the picture will be on what is happening with your system.

the endo will probably want to run his own tests anyways, and if you have both then you can compare the two and see what difference occurred over the intervening 4 weeks.

question!

the doctor ordered the E2 but it wasn’t E2 sensitive is there a real differebce between the two? if so why?

and when i saw him yesterday i asked if he would redo the tests again and these are the tests that were

ordered Total testosterone, free testosterone, Bioavaible testosterone, ans Estrediol sensitive.

when i see the urology guy in june 20 i wiil bring a bigger list and hope for the best.

it depends on the lab range provided. The test that provides valid reliable repeatable results is the one with a range of something like 4-54. or 8-70 for lab corp (I think).

the other tests seem to provide random results that have no relation to reality or symptoms.

here are the new results

total Test 249-839 ng/dl 477

free test 6.8-21.5 pg/ml 9.1

testosteron% free=weakly bound %9.0-46.0 18.0

testosterone., f+w bound 40.0-250.0 ng/dl 85.9

free t4 pg/ml 2.0-4.4 4.2

estradiol 3-70 pg/ml 3 (this result is based on second dose before the test. can adex bring it down
that fast? i’m no longer on adex as i stoped on friday after the blood draw)

my protocol is monday and thursday for injects. had the blood drawn may 23 before inject and previous inject
was thursday. i think the numbers look good but can it be better? overall i feel better on twice weekly inj.
is it possible i’ll not need adex at all?