Hello, this is my first post after reading the stickies - good info. Being new to TRT I wanted to share my first experiences and have questions you might be able to answer.
I am a 45 Y/O male who has experienced low T for about 5 years or so without treatment. Typical myriad of complaints all making my quality of life terrible. For those five years I have suspected something was going on and had my testosterone and thyroid checked annually at my work physicals.
My thyroid was healthy but my T tested between 220 and 230 each time which is “low normal”. With those results I would make an appt with my doctor to get his impression. Each year he would reply that he will not prescribe anything other than Androgel to give me a boost. I tried it and had minimal results and he resisted injections.
He referred me to our in plan endo who ran a battery of blood tests and came to the same conclusion. Anyway, this year I had my annual test and my T came in at 327. I forwarded him the results as I have in the past and he had his nurse call me and schedule injections - 200 mg of Test-Cyp every two weeks. That blew me away and am happy to finally get what I need to feel normal again.
Here are my before and after numbers. 6"0" 245 lbs, 35% BF, primary hypogonadism
- 12/4/2012 pre injection, Free 64.1 (35.0 - 155) and total 327 (250 - 1000)
- 1/18-2013 seven days after first injection, free 153 and total 726
- Will those values remain the same or will they go up or down as my body accept and adjusts to the T supplementatio
- How often should I ask for blood work to prevent complications.(found the sticky on what should be done)
- I still work out and this has given me new hope on loosing my spare tire and putting some muscle on my middle aged body. Will the extra T help me with transforming my body with hard work. If so what kind of results should I realistically expect?
- Do I have a window of opportunity where I should try to maximize the increase in T or will I see positive results slowly and steadily in the gym.