I’m looking to this group for some advice on how best to proceed given my situation and lab results. More information below:
- 26 Year Old Male
- 5’6", 157 lbs (166 lbs during first set of labs, down from 213 at start of year)
- Symptoms: General fatigue, poor sleep quality, inability to concentrate, awkward body shape/fat distribution (pear shaped, have had significant gynecomastia since my teens)
First Set of Labs (Drawn 7-30-16 at 10:55AM)
All results were normal except for Testosterone, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B12
- Testosterone: 342 ng/dl (Reference Range: 348-1197)
- LH: 5.9 mIU/ml (Reference Range: 1.7-8.6)
- FSH: 1.8 mIU/ml (Reference Range: 1.5-12.4)
- Estradiol: 33.2 pg/ml (Reference Range: 7.6-42.6)
- Vitamin D: 18.8 ng/ml (Reference Range: 30-100)
- Vitamin B12: 200 pg/ml (Reference Range: 211-946)
My PCP actually recommended that I start TRT immediately (200mg Test Cyp once a week) but I wanted to hold off while I made some additional lifestyle changes. Namely, I wanted to start a weight training routine (bodyweights) and supplement D and B12 and retest to see if it made a difference.
Second Set of Labs (Drawn 10-27-16 at 11:37AM)
My B12 and D levels were now well within the normal range, but Testosterone dropped further:
- Testosterone: 302 ng/dl (Reference Range 348-1197)
- Free Testosterone: 10.3 pg/ml (Reference Range: 9.3-26.5)
- LH: 3.2 mIU/ml (Reference Range: 1.7-8.6)
- FSH: 1.6 mIU/ml (Reference Range: 1.5-12.4)
- Estradiol: 21.6 pg/ml (Reference Range: 7.6-42.6)
- Vitamin D: 62.6 ng/ml (Reference Range: 30-100)
- Vitamin B12: 408 pg/ml (Reference Range: 211-946)
Based off of these results, I decided to start TRT this week, but split the dose. I took 100mg Monday morning and 100mg Thursday afternoon. I also added 0.5mg Arimidex after taking my Thursday dose. My doctor wanted to re-do labs at 6 weeks and adjust dosage at that time if needed.
- Test Dosage: I was initially nervous about starting at such a high dose, but my PCP seemed experienced and so I went with it. However, the more I’m reading, the more I’m debating whether I should continue what I did this first week (100mg E3.5D) or drop to a more traditional starting dose (50-70mg E3.5D). Does that make sense? Should I treat this first week as a loading dose?
- Arimidex Dosage: My PCP initially said 1mg EOD, but that seemed like I lot, so I thought I would start with just 0.5mg/week. However, after additional research, even that seems high. I’m wondering if I should hold off on any AIs until the next set of labs (and make sure to get sensitive E2).
Thanks again for any advice, I would really appreciate it!