New to TRT -> On Clomid

Hi,
I’ve got a pair of questions that can’t get out of my mind and would like to hear your thoughts.

1. I don’t ear a lot of success historys on restarting hpta (I just want to manage my expectations)
  2. Why don’t secondary just don’t cruise on a very low tamoxifen dose (something like 5 mg e2d or e3d) with a very low dose of anastrazole ( like 0.5 mg a week)?
  3. Is igf1 response to tamoxifen dose dependent ? Such a low dose wouldn’t hurt too much right ?
    I’ve read some history’s on long term clomid but none on tamoxifen. Are the long term sides dangerous ?
    Cause I think it’s more manageable taking a pill than go into classic TRT with injecting test , loosing fertility and assist ball shrinkage …
    I dunno. I m very confused
    Many Thks for helping me

I’ll start my HPTA restart today following the protocol. Great expectations !!!

Doctor prefers me to try a 250 mg testosterone e2w for two months to see i how feel. But i am not pleased. I want to fix my hpta not getting some test to feel ok next two months and than fall into darkness again.

Can you self inject twice a week? “250 mg testosterone e2w” sounds destined to failure.

What lowers GH and IGF-1 is very low E2 or very low E2 visibility from a SERM. Suggested doses and E2 outcome made here are not going to be a problem.

If TT, FT, E2 LH/FSH labs are good, do it. Will not work with primary hypogonadism.

So … this month ill end the 125 mg a month (4 months) protocol for hpta recovery, that was recommended by endo.
2 posibilities: my levels resume to a reasonable level or they dont.
I am not optimistic at all, since intermedium labs are quite odd ( 660 at the end of 2nd month, 460 at the end of 3rd month)… dont understand the reason!
ill have the results at the end of this month. If it doesnt work, i’ll quit doctors advices and try to treat myself with the tamoxifen + AI combo.
I dont wanna go on TRT yet.
Still gaining chest fat (a lot of fatty lumps) :frowning:

what do you think would be the minimum tamoxifen dose to put me on high 500?
I was on 380, free test of 10.9.
I am a bit ceptical on the restart issue… i am thinking on cruising into low dose of tamoxifen + low dose of arimidex and see what happens.

do you think it could stand with 5 mg eod of tamoxifen or 2,5 mg ed ?

ill start with 10 mg tamoxifen a day, 0,5 anastrazole a week for 4 weeks
5 mg of tamoxifen day , 0,5 anastrazole a week for 2 weeks
cruise on 10 mg e03d and 0,25 anastrazole a week

i dont see many reports about this strategy for secondary …do you have any idea ? why people just go for TRT and dont trry this combo ?

Thks,

Is a low dose tamoxifen like 5 mg a day or less liver toxic ?
What would be the minimum dose to obtain normal t values ? Cruise on 5 mg eod ?

It looks like the HPTA restart failed (from your other thread), however, you can still take nolva and get back to normal numbers.

I take clomid and AI daily. I will continue to do so until my testicles fail from old age. Then it’s time to inject.

If you can get by on a lower dose of nolva, great. Try it out, and see if that keeps you in a good place. I have found good results from dosing AI daily, in very small doses.

You mention chest fat. Are you intentionally gaining? I.e. on a lifting bulk? Consider tracking your calories for a while. I like myfitnesspal. Yes, T will affect WHERE you gain fat, but if you are still consuming calories in excess of what you burn, you will get fat. Yes, it’s easier to lose fat with better T, but I think you should eliminate the possibility of a diet issue.

Well, after stoping nolva my numbers came down again to mid 300… i went to the doctor.
He adviced me to do a protocol of 4 testosterone injections of 125 mg each month. I ve taken all and i am waiting 3 weeks to measure levels again and see if it works. He told me if it didnt work he would put me on small dose of Nebido.
I dont agree.

I rather prefer going back to tamoxifen , but on a lower dose, cause last time my goal was to diminish gyno (which i failed aswell).
My main worry is that sex drive is lost, i am gaining fat and chest fat and my gyno size is increasing.
It didnt grew at all when i was on tamoxifen…

So… I want to end this bad nightmare asap … i ll have gyno surgery in a couple of weeks … Its mild, gyno gland measures 1,6 cm … but i 'm sick of the chest fat i gained… i was very very lean…
So i ll ve the surgery and 2 weeks after surgery ill decide what to do… but i think i will go for long term low lose tamoxifen with an AI. My main concern is that doctors say its too dangerous…
But what can do then ? I dont want to go to TRT … i am only 38… and TRT protocols that doctors are advising are sustanon e2w, or nebido…
I will not go to TRT if i cant pin 2 times a week and use 250 ml HCG … but i only have acess to 5000 HCG :frowning:

I know some people use Clomid instead of Nolva … I am a bit scared of using Nolva for the rest of my life and geting fatty liver or liver cancer…
Maybe i could use something like 10 mg a week and cruise on that for life …

I am not bulking… I am just losing muscle and gaining fat … and geting stronger … Some people in the gym ask me why do i lift so heavy and why my body just doesnt grow !!! :frowning:
i do the same question. It’s so frustrating!

Or I could do some test cycle for 8 week and then go for Nolva for life … i dunno…
i am very confused… i just want my life back :frowning:

why did you chose clomid and not nolva ?

Not for everyone.

?
Could you elaborate plz ? :slight_smile:

Need everything about you in one thread so we have a coherent view of what we are dealing with.

Cannot comment without knowing what your endo did, which can easily be wrong.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc
  • HPTA restart

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Endo proposed Hpta restart. 4 injections of 125 mg each month… I did 4 allready… waiting to do labs for evaluation.

Meanwhile gained a lot of fat , gyno grew …

Gyno surgery next month , than I’ll go for nolvadex and arimidex as agreed … just waiting for labs to prove endo that 4 months were lost

No libido at all

But I am concerned about tamoxifen long term consequences even at a dose like 5 mg eod. Is clomid saffer ?

It’s what the doc recommended. When I researched it further, clomid is much cheaper than nolva, and I didn’t experience any of the “clomid side effects” so I stayed with it.

Both drugs list a lot of NASTY side effects. HOWEVER, you must realize that tamoxifen is taken to, and at such doses to completely block estrogen to prevent further growth of estrogen sensitive cancers. It can be hard to seperate the legit side effects from what happens to you when estrogen approaches zero in your system.

There aren’t any long term studies of these medications, clomid, nolva and arimidex in men. These are medications, developed for women, that we take off-label for different reasons.

BTW, if your doc thinks injecting you with T willl “restart your HPTA” you need to run screaming from him. The only thing that will do is shut you down.

I am starting to think that this experiment of injecting 125 mg each month is making my gyno grow.

yes, i understand the doses are different… With 20 mg a day my transminases did get a bit high , enough for doctors became allarmist.
Let me see with 5 mg or 5 mg eod of tamoxifen , how transminases will behave.
But for what ive read , almost 1/3 of women develop fatty liver in a short time peiod … I just cant evaluate wich of them (clomid or nolva) will hav less long term side effects

But for what ive read , almost 1/3 of women develop fatty liver in a short time peiod … I just cant evaluate wich of them (clomid or nolva) will hav less long term side effects

At what dose? You have to realize cancer doses will have much more effects than our smaller doses.

To be honest, I took 1mg of arimidex on advice from my doc, it was way too much, I felt like total crap for a few days. Now I’m at 1/8mg daily and I feel fucking great.

Sola dosis facit venenum. The dose makes the poison.

How can I guarantee that my gyno will not grow after surgery? I’ll go for surgery in 2 weeks
It grew a lot this month after 125 mg of test …

So…
My docs treatment lead me to a test of 280 ( I started with 380).
4 months of muscle waste , gaining fat, no libido and growing gyno.it seems test injections inhibit me even further. I’ve got to take control of this myself.
@ksman for long term therapy what should I use … 12.5 mg clomid eod or 5 mg tamoxifen ed ?
I remind that I previously use 20 mg tamoxifen and led me to a 800 test
Many Thks

It seems my test values came even lower with this protocol

You have to help us help you. What are the numbers? Post them all.