T Nation

New to TRT. Need Help with Recommendations

I have been on self prescribed TRT for 2 months now. I take 100mg of Test C and 500iu of HCG divided into 2 shots Monday and Thursday, no AI. I had blood drawn Monday morning before my injection. I used the Female Hormone Panel offered by Private MD labs. The results are listed below. Any help making sense of these labs would be greatly appreciated.

FASTING: No
Clinical Info:
NO CHANGES (DEMOGRAPHIC
OTHER) ARE
OR

Test Name Result Flag
CBC With Differential/Platelet
WBC 9.1
RBC 5.52
Hemoglobin 16.1
Hematocrit 51.0
MCV 92
MCH 29.2
MCHC 31.6
RDW 14.3
Platelets 285
Neutrophils 62
Lymphs 29
Monocytes 8
Eos 1
Basos 0
Neutrophils (Absolute) 5.6
Lymphs (Absolute) 2.6
Monocytes(Absolute) 0.7
Eos (Absolute) 0.1
Baso (Absolute) 0.0
Immature Granulocytes 0
Immature Grans (Abs) 0.0
Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
Glucose, Serum 96
BUN 12
Creatinine, Serum 1.17
eGFR If NonAfricn Am 78
eGFR If Africn Am 90
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 10
Sodium, Serum 140
Potassium, Serum 5.1
Chloride, Serum 98
Carbon Dioxide, Total 23
Calcium, Serum 9.8
Protein, Total, Serum 7.4
Albumin, Serum 5.0
Globulin, Total 2.4
A/G Ratio 2.1
Bilirubin, Total 0.4
Alkaline Phosphatase, S 75
AST (SGOT) 22
ALT (SGPT) 18

Testosterone, Serum
Testosterone, Serum 676
Adult male reference interval is based on a population of healthy nonobese males (BMI <30) between 19 and 39 years old. Travison, et.al. JCEM 2017,102;1161-1173. PMID: 28324103.

Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S
LH 0.1 LOW FSH, Serum
FSH <0.2 LOW
1.5-12.4 mIU/mL 01

Estradiol
Estradiol 42.0
7.6-42.6 pg/mL 01 Roche ECLIA methodology

The target for E2 is 22pg/mL.

Looks like you need an anti-estrogen like arimidex or aromasin.

Your Total Test is ok, not great. Personally, I’d want mine above 800. Plus you didn’t get Free Test which is a better measure of what is available to you.

Need to test SHBG and Free T. Your T may be ok if you have low SHBG. Probably need to bump it to 120mg or 140mg though. I would start with .5mg arimadex split after each injection.

I have ordered some aromasin. Do you have recommendations for dosage, frequency and timing?

I need to get some more blood work done.But based on my current blood work, do you still recommend I bump the test to 120 or straight to 140?

Your T scores look great, don’t believe for a second that you must shoot for the 800 range. It’s a number and has little meaning, how you feel is more important. I felt terrible in the 800 ranges, everytime I lower my dosage I felt better.

Why on earth did you run a female hormone panel? Your E2 labs are utterly useless, you would do better by guessing, zero meaning. You are on TRT no need to test LH and FSH. No lab ranges, numbers mean nothing without them.

He tested that way because it is recommended all over the internet by steroid users. It’s cheaper and there is no cap on Testosterone >1500 ng/dl. It’s not an issue here but he may have saved a couple bucks.

Those are the parameters for the female hormone panel. Its fairly cheap and hits several tests all under one price. E2 in the blood is E2 regardless of your sex.

Im not that familiar with Aromasin. I use arimidex myself. The standard rule of thumb is 1 mg of adex/100 mg of test/week.

Bill Roberts suggests 12.5 mg of aromasin EOD. I’d start low and see how you feel

Numbers look good. E2 test was the wrong one, but I still think there is SOME validity to it. Especially if you go too low or high. (from my experience at least)

So a 600 on trough day means you are in the 600-900 range during your 3.5 days. good numbers. TT drops by about 100 points a day or so, highly individual.

MOST IMPORTANT: How do you feel? High e2 symptoms?

It was a recommendation I read on a forum. Would you recommend starting an
AI regardless? I understand that better bloodwork is in order but I am
trying to get a decent protocol in place. I have already ordered Aromasin
and would appreciate dosing, timing and frequency information.

I am definetly new so lightly roast in-lieu of full flame if needed. HCG, AI and Aromasin are these internet available. Need insight or direction to stickie I guess

I definitely feel better than pre TRT. Still have depression and moodiness
but they have improved since starting TRT. Nipples have also been sensitive
but no apparent signs of Gyno. I feel I have signs of high E2 and would
like to try an AI. Worse case I can drop it and let E2 rebound.

Yes. I purchase them from an online Indian pharmacy. Takes about 2 weeks to
get here. Products are legit. No sure what the rules are for posting
sources.

Nipples itching? I would notice sometimes I would psyche myself out a little and feel “sensitivity” but then when I had the “itch” when it was high, there is no questioning the feeling.

The Depression and moodiness could be sticking around cause your e2 is a little high.

Sounds like its not too high, so if you do mess with an AI, start low.

No itching whatsoever. I have definitely noticed a change in sensitivity
and reaction. Nipples tend to get noticeably hard now in change
temperatures and they were not like that pre TRT. As far as an AI, I have
ordered Aromasin. Do you have any recommendations for dosing, frequency and
timing?

You might be an over responder, so I would be careful. Start very low.

Aromasin is a suicidal inhibitor, meaning you wont get a rebound if you don’t keep taking it.

Some say because of its short half life that it needs to be dosed ED or EOD, but I think with its mechanism of action, I think you could easily get away with twice a week.

I would start really low. I think a normal dose for aromasin ranges from 6-25mg. Crashing e2 sucks big time.

I would start even lower, maybe 3 mg (really being conservative here). You will need to retest your e2 and attempt to use the ultrasensitive LC/MS estradiol test. See how your body reacts.

I was thinking 5-6 mg day after injections and go from there. I’ve read
horror stories of crashed E2 and I want to stay clear of that whole mess.
Thank you for all the advice. I really appreciate it.

Good luck. My biggest signs for low e2

Low e2:
Dry Lips (never need chapstick, I do when its low)
Dry eyes
Lack of Libido
Fatigue (even after waking) Feels like hangover weakness almost

Crashed e2:
Migraine headache (all day, does not let up)
Get sick often
Feel like total trash, no energy, no mood, feels bad man.

is arimidex or other AIs injectables or a pill? im new here lol