New to TRT, Need Help with Injecting

Hi. I’m new to testosterone replacement therapy and have some questions about injecting it. I’m on 250 mg testosterone etheanate a fortnight. My levels were extremely low (range is 11-33) mine was 2.
My first injection I injectsd into the glute about 3/4 of the way in and it felt good like I was in the muscle. The second injection I went all the way in and it felt like I had hit open air their was no fat or muscle or anything hard to push against. Just wondering how deep do I go and how do you tell when you hit the muscle with your injection. Thankyou

With the glutes you need a longer needle. I use 1.5" and push it about 1.25" in. The ‘feeling’ you get will differ on how you penetrate the muscle. Sometimes it will go in easy and others not because of the muscle fibers. If you felt like it was air, you likely got a good stick and that’s not a bad thing. Check out the you tube videos on proper protocol. Make sure to sanitize and aspirate. For other areas you will need smaller needles, for quad areas I use 1".

If you hit a nerve or major blood vessel?

Please see these stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc, perhaps impossible there

You should do this:
Self inject 50mg T eth twice a week
take 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections
250iu hCG SC EOD to preserver testes/fertility

You can inject T with #29 0.5ml 1/2" insulin syringes. Inject into quads were you can see what you are doing or SC [under skin] over quads or in belly fat. One location may work better than the other.

Injecting every two weeks is really bogus.