New to TRT Injections

Hey guys, I’m on 100mg of test cyp per week. Just switched to this from the androgel as it was a pain and too expensive. Quick question regarding injecting into the right glute…Has anyone got a weird swelling at the injection site a few days after? It went away after about a week so it probably wasn’t an infection, but it is annoying none the less. Also I’m using a 23g 1 1.2in needle. In your opinions is the glute or thigh better?

Just started not long ago. I’m injecting twice per week with the same 23g. Left Deltoid, right deltoid, left thigh, right thigh. Works well so far. Seems to be a great idea to aspirate every time.

I did nick a vein the thigh, sprayed blood but didn’t hurt anything. No swelling for me so far.

Been injecting twice a week for over 8 months, exclusively in my outer thigh.
Since I inject myself, I think it’s easier to reach my thighs, as opposed to my buttocks. I had one problem once near the beginning of trt, when my wife was injecting. The test didn’t go into the muscle, so it sat under the skin for almost a week until it absorbed. After that incident I injected myself from then on. And, over 8 months, and I’ve NEVER aspirated. Most times I don’t even bleed. It’s become a very easy, simple procedure.

And this is coming from someone who was afraid of needles.

[quote]FrenchFries wrote:
Hey guys, I’m on 100mg of test cyp per week. Just switched to this from the androgel as it was a pain and too expensive. Quick question regarding injecting into the right glute…Has anyone got a weird swelling at the injection site a few days after? It went away after about a week so it probably wasn’t an infection, but it is annoying none the less. Also I’m using a 23g 1 1.2in needle. In your opinions is the glute or thigh better? [/quote]

do subcutaneous injection with a small 29G insulin syringe around the navel. It disperses at a slower rate and more even than IM injections due to fewer blood vessels in fat than in muscle.

it is more appealing than developing corky tough scar tissue in areas jabbed over and over again with bigger needle. area needs time to recuperate.

also read through this and you will find some good ideas:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/how_the_fck_do_you_pin_ed?pageNo=0

I do weekley IM injection in outer glute using a 1/2" long 29G insulin syringe,

I’ll talk to my doctor about using the insulin Needle. I would assume it would take a lot longer to dispense the T into the insulin needles. I’m also a bit bigger so I think that’s why my doctor prescribed me the longer needles. My levels were super low (110) at diagnosis and the androgel only raised it to 240. I just had my third blood test done last week and will be getting results in 2 days. I’m expecting to have my dose raised to 150mg or so a week so maybe I’ll learn to inject in the thigh as it may take even longer to inject. The glute is awkward to inject to. Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Frenchie

Oppps I meant to say I inject IM in thigh, not glute with 29 gauge insulin 1/2" long.

[quote]FrenchFries wrote:
I’ll talk to my doctor about using the insulin Needle. I would assume it would take a lot longer to dispense the T into the insulin needles. I’m also a bit bigger so I think that’s why my doctor prescribed me the longer needles. My levels were super low (110) at diagnosis and the androgel only raised it to 240. I just had my third blood test done last week and will be getting results in 2 days. I’m expecting to have my dose raised to 150mg or so a week so maybe I’ll learn to inject in the thigh as it may take even longer to inject. The glute is awkward to inject to. Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Frenchie[/quote]

unless you have rhinoceros hide the shorter 1/2 inch needles will work on injection sites with the possible exception of your glute/outer butt. you may have more fat there and your gluteus maximus should be the thickest.

ask doctor to show you the ventro injection. it is easier to reach if you aren’t pliant. But you should be flexible enough to hit upper glute.

when you inject all the way keep plunger pressed and needle in for about a 7-10 second count which should keep that man oil from spurting out with any bleeding.

refresher below:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/...pin_ed?pageNo=0

DO NOT FORGET ROTATING INJECTION SITES IS A MUST.

AND DON’T PLAY WITH BLASTING CAPS

I have just switched from test cream to 100MG of test eth injections (2x week). The doctor prescribed the doses for Mon and Thurs and as unconcerned about when in the day I pinned myself.

Considering I want equal time between doses I have been doing Tuesday PM (after work) and Saturday AM (when I wake) to get 3.5 days between injections.

Any issue with that? Naturally we produce t in the morning, so not sure if doing a PM injection is a big deal or not.

Or am I just overthinking this??

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections

There is no need for long fat syringes. Injection times for insulin syringes are reasonable and there is almost zero waste. With decades of injections, you need to avoid cumulative muscle damage.

Be precise in what you post. Do not say “thigh” as someone might then inject in their inner leg which has major nerves and blood vessels.