I am restarting TRT and am also curious about how long it typically takes people to notice improvements. I found the following online
ONSET OF EFFECTS OF TESTOSTERONE TREATMENT AND TIME SPAN UNTIL MAXIMUM EFFECTS ARE ACHIEVED.
Eur J Endocrinol. 2011 Jul 13;
Authors: Saad F, Aversa A, Isidori AM, Zafalon L, Zitzmann M, Gooren LJ
Objectives: Testosterone has a spectrum of effects on the male organism. This review attempts to determine, from published studies, the time-course of the effects induced by testosterone replacement therapy from their first manifestation until maximum effects are attained.
Design: Studies in PubMed on testosterone replacement so far providing information on time course.
• Effects on sexual interest appear after 3 weeks plateauing at 6 weeks, no further increments beyond.
• Changes in erections/ejaculations may require up to 6 months.
• Effects on quality of life manifest within 3-4 weeks, but maximum benefits take longer.
• Effects on depressive mood appear after 3-6 weeks with a maximum after 18-30 weeks.
• First effects on erythropoiesis after 3 months, peaking at 9-12 months.
• Prostate specific antigen and volume rise, marginally, plateauing at 12 months; further increase related to aging rather than therapy.
• Effects on lipids appear after 4 weeks, maximal after 6-12 months.
• Insulin sensitivity may improve within few days, but effects on gly***ic control become evident only after 3-12 months.
• Changes in fat mass, lean body mass and muscle strength occur within 12-16 weeks, stabilize at 6-12 months, but marginally continue to improve over years.
• Effects on inflammation occur within 3 to 12 weeks.
• Effects on bone detectable after 6 months but continue at least for 3 years.
Conclusion: the time-course of the spectrum of effects of testosterone shows considerable variation, probably related to pharmacodynamics of the testosterone preparation. Genomic and non-genomic effects, androgen receptor polymorphism and intracellular steroid metabolism further contribute to such diversity.
PMID: 21753068 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
[URL=“http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-replacement-therapy-low-testosterone-treatment-anti-aging/476788-how-long-before-effects-trt-work-you-ask.html”]How long before the effects of TRT work…you ask?[/URL]