New to TRT, Any Help Would be Appreciated

Hello People,
I got diagnosed with Klinefelters Syndrome in 2012 and have only recently been receiving Trt as the doctors in Britain are utter shite.

I just want to know am I not meant to be on some kind of AI?

It’s just my Endocrinologist hasn’t really been much of a help tbh he hasn’t helped me at all nobody even explained anything to me, they just said you need testosterone replacement and basically sent me on my way.

It doesn’t even feel like it’s working I keep having hot flushes, I stink now have to shower loads and my back is covered in spots. how long does it take to work does anybody know? Cheers

I’ve only had 3 injections I was supposed to get my 4th 3 weeks ago but I couldn’t get up for my appointment as I was knackered.

My first 3 injections were spaced 8 weeks apart the 4th one that I missed was spaced at 12 weeks
I’m getting it next Friday as it’s so hard to get an appointment with the nurse.

I will post my blood results later if somebody will be able to tell me what it all means I would also be very grateful.

Cheers.

Post what kind of test you are injecting (enathate ,nebido) and your dose in milligrams

Sorry, I’m on Nebido 4ml/1000mg

do you have any recent labs?

I had my bloods done 4 weeks ago but haven’t received them yet I emailed my Endo the other day only to be ignored, I will try again later.

Please read these links found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc - may not help you

Get your sperm checked to see if you are sterile. If fertile, you need to try to take steps to avoid infertility.

You may have other health issues. Consider things that are in the stickies and don’t just scan past them.

We need the labs with lab ranges.

Injecting every 8 weeks may create peaks and troughs that are part of what is not working for you. With changing TT, FT, E2 your levels are then strongly a result of lab timing and your lab results only reflect a moment in time.

Hi, I’m sterile unfortunatley, here are my most recent lab results.

13/05/2016 14:30 Serum
Specimen results
Test
Result
Units
Normal Range
Status

Testosterone
nmol/L
(9 to 25)
Auth
(--)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin
nmol/L
(15 to 48)
Auth
(-
-)
Calculated Free Testosterone
pmol/L
(215 to 760)
Auth
(*–)
(Wu formula) - Only valid with normal albumin levels
Test
Result
Units
Normal Range
Status

Haemoglobin
g/L
(130 to 180)
Auth
(--)
Platelet count
9/L
(150 to 450)
Auth
(–)
Haematocrit
L/L
(0.400 to 0.500)
Auth
(-
-)
RBC
1012/L
(4.50 to 5.50)
Auth
(–
)
MCV
fL
(83.0 to 101.0)
Auth
(–)
MCH
pg
(27.0 to 34.0)
Auth
(-
-)
White blood count
109/L
(4.00 to 11.00)
Auth
(-
-)
Neutrophil count
3.20(49.16%)
10*9/L
(2.00 to 7.00)
Auth

Lymphocyte count
2.60(39.94%)
10*9/L
(1.00 to 4.50)
Auth

Monocyte count
0.47(7.22%)
10*9/L
(0.20 to 0.80)
Auth

Eosinophil count
0.20(3.07%)
10*9/L
(0.04 to 0.40)
Auth

Basophil count
0.04(0.61%)
10*9/L
(0.00 to 0.10)
Auth

Keep reading those stickies and see what you can find. There is very little to go on with what you have posted. Endo will not explain anything. Read the stickies and know more than your endo knows about TRT.

You may need an AI. But AI dose needs to match your T levels and if they change wildly, AI can’t be dosed optimally.

You seem low still, FT=11.2 pg/ml is not good, should shoot for 18-25. Test E/C would be a better choice than nebido, try to talk your doc into it and self inject. How are you feeling with these levels?

In UK, sustanon probably only other injectable option. Some do self-inject that twice a week.

Yes Sustanon consists of Cyp, E and prop. Still a better option than nebido where levels seem to fluctuate.

I’m still reading the stickies mate.

You’re right my Endo doesn’t explain anything that’s why I came on here.

Thanks for replying.

To be honest I feel like shit, I feel greasy all the time my back is covered in cystic acne which I’ve never suffered with, its painful and embarrassing.

I don’t go out as much as I used to I feel low, I’m not depressed I just feel down.

I’ve got no motivation it’s horrible because I used to be very active.

My next appointment with my Endo is in August I’d like to ask him if there is something better available, I have a feeling what his answer will be though.

I can understand. In UK, you do not have much option other than NHS and they suck at T related problems. The protocol here is the closest to a mythical perfect protocol anywhere and everything is listed as it is for a reason. As Ksman said, when T is going up and down, E follows it, then AI dosing is impossible to get right, a double whammy in every sense of the word.

Your T levels don’t look good right now, endo will say they’re absolutely where it should be, but as we know that’s bullshit. The range bullcrap is also hard to take. I do not know what your potential options are if T cyp/E/Sust not available.

With your T levels, acne seem a little weird. I don’t believe DHT would be high enough to cause them, maybe E2 is a reason. FT–>DHT and FT is not good, so DHT is not expected to be high. Get your E2 tested. Don’t know the ideal way to manage them with consistency though as mentioned before.