New to TRT and Need Advice

I recently started TRT and I am injecting 1.5 ml (300 mg) every 2 weeks. Would it be better to inject 0.75 ml (150) every week to avoid half life lows of T? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Absolutely, inject 75 mg weekly or half as much twice weekly to keep levels more stable. Injecting 300 mg at once will drive up your levels beyond natural levels for the first week, then falling down by the the 3rd week. Any doctor who prescribes such an insane protocol is clueless and can’t help you to feel normal since their understanding of male hormones is inadequate. These cookie cutter protocol do not work out for everyone, you protocol has never worked out for anyone who has tried them. Your doctor can only prescribe TRT, understanding male hormones is never a guarantee.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I’m 51 yrs old and my level was 235. My dr has me injecting 300 mg every 2 weeks but I am afraid of the half life lows I’ve read about. Would it be better to inject 150 every week or 75 mg twice weekly. Also, where is the best injection site? I injected my 1st time in my glut.

Twice weekly. No question.

My wife injects my glutes for me. Make sure you rotate spots. We also include upper quads in our rotation.

I use insulin syringes (27 gauge 1/2) and inject in the shoulders, just had blood test recently and 830 ng/dL. There’s no need to be injecting in the glutes, it’s far too risky.

I realize that injecting in the glutes may not be everyone’s preferred method, but why do you consider it risky? I’ve been doing it for years.

Thank you. I will definitely follow your advice and post back after a few weeks with my results. Thanks again.

It’s not an opinion, it’s more risky do to the sciatic nerve. Shoulders no sciatic nerve, less risk. It’s also unnecessary to reach behind yourself when you can just poke your shoulder or quad.

Your doctor has no idea what he is dealing with. You need to change what your doc does, work around him or get a new doctor. You are not alone.

Your TRT dose has no relation to how low your T was.

50mg T twice a week - can be subq with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes
most need 0.5mg anastrozole to get near favorable E2=22pg/ml - 80 pmol/L, further reading required.
250iu hCG SC EOD preserves testes

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.