T Nation

New to Training

So,Im 16 and i just started training about 2 months ago.I really like it it keeps me focused and relases all the preassure i get during the day.I Train about 3 times a week.I eat alot of protein,meat no junk food n stuff.I just wanna be huge i dont care about a 6pack.
Any Tips?

[quote]Johan1111 wrote:
Stats:
16 y/o
2 months experience

I train about(?) 3 times a week

Diet: alot of protein,meat no junk food n stuff

Goals: be hyuuge. 6pack? rofl no.
Any Tips? [/quote]

Help us help you with more specifics. Have you read the stickies and articles? How exactly are you training (split, exercises, setXreps? Outline your diet as best as you can.

For a start 3 days a week is bullshit.

5-6 days a week is normal. Hitting each body part around twice a week.

Give more info. What’s your current lifting routine. And list everything you eat on a typical day.

He is my training partner,actually we have to train 3 times a week because of school,we have a shit load of exams,we start school at 1.30pm and finish at 8pm,the gym is 5 kms away and closes at 9 pm,and in the mornings we have to study,anyways we are going to start 6 times a week,our current routine :mondays-chest,biceps,triceps wednesdays-back,shoulders saturdays-legs…I’ve given him guidelines and for as much as I know his breakfast consists of 1liter of milk 5 eggs,honey and bananas, i dont know much about his other meals but i know he eats 500 gr of chicken before bed…also the guy is 75 kilos 177cm tall,for as much as i can see not very wide or particularly gifted structurally, but at least he has a tiny waist(in comparison with me at least :stuck_out_tongue: :P)…

Eat a LOT of food (at 16 you probably dont have to worry about eating a little less “clean” cause your metabolism should take care of most of those negative effects)

Have you looked into a program like 5/3/1? Its pretty big right now and should get you off to a good start with the basics… lots of big compound movements.

Good luck OP!

.greg.

Well I Do Eat Alot Of Food.So In The Morning I Got My Daily 5 eggs with 1L milk and some honey.
Later on i eat some fruits mostly apples and oranges.
Then for dinnes i have vegetables and always meat.
During the rest of the day im stuffed and i dont really eat.
To close the day i always have 500Gr of chicken.And thats about it.

About the training i cant go more than 3 times a week,i mean as soon as the school is over I’m starting to train about 6 times a week.that should be enough :stuck_out_tongue:

motherfucker you stuff ur face all day long with snickers and meatball sandwiches,plus he drink some sugary stuff when i usually have my coffee sweetened with sacharine…you eat like a pig all day long

[quote]Marlind wrote:
motherfucker you stuff ur face all day long with snickers and meatball sandwiches,plus he drink some sugary stuff when i usually have my coffee sweetened with sacharine…you eat like a pig all day long[/quote]

actually im not,when u have ur coffe i just have water -- anddd i need sm fucking sugar i still got that addiction :stuck_out_tongue: + meatball sandwichis u eat em like u have no tomorrow -_____-

[quote]Johan1111 wrote:

[quote]Marlind wrote:
motherfucker you stuff ur face all day long with snickers and meatball sandwiches,plus he drink some sugary stuff when i usually have my coffee sweetened with sacharine…you eat like a pig all day long[/quote]

actually im not,when u have ur coffe i just have water -- anddd i need sm fucking sugar i still got that addiction :stuck_out_tongue: + meatball sandwichis u eat em like u have no tomorrow -_____-[/quote]

MOTHERFUCKER
it was my cheat day and I was low on money…srsly it was just one time…i am the low carb guy , you know how quickly i get fat…

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Give more info. What’s your current lifting routine. And list everything you eat on a typical day. [/quote]

I disagree, 3 days a week is NOT bullshit. While I agree that it might not be optimal for maximum gains; remember many many people have gaine extremely well on 3 days a week.
An A-B-A, B-A-B routine will hit muscles @1.5 times a week (around twice per week?)

[quote]Old Dax wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Give more info. What’s your current lifting routine. And list everything you eat on a typical day. [/quote]
I disagree, 3 days a week is NOT bullshit. While I agree that it might not be optimal for maximum gains; remember many many people have gaine extremely well on 3 days a week.
An A-B-A, B-A-B routine will hit muscles @1.5 times a week (around twice per week?)[/quote]

No. 3 days is a half assed approach. Spending more than half of your days on your ass instead of lifting weights is the fast track to making extremely average progress.

I cant understand why anyone would CHOOSE to lift 3 times per week if theyre looking to make gains. I also dont see how someone with the ‘itch’ to lift weights can stay home 4 out of 7 days in a week. I’m usually dying to get in the weight room. I enjoy my off days because I know I do better with them but I’d much rather lift weights every day instead of bullshitting.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Old Dax wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

An A-B-A, B-A-B routine will hit muscles @1.5 times a week (around twice per week?)[/quote]

No. 3 days is a half assed approach. Spending more than half of your days on your ass instead of lifting weights is the fast track to making extremely average progress.

I cant understand why anyone would CHOOSE to lift 3 times per week if theyre looking to make gains. I also dont see how someone with the ‘itch’ to lift weights can stay home 4 out of 7 days in a week. I’m usually dying to get in the weight room. I enjoy my off days because I know I do better with them but I’d much rather lift weights every day instead of bullshitting. [/quote]

Seriously i love training, in the summer i train 6 days a week(Sunday the gym is closed).We walk 5miles to get to the gym and personally speaking id walk 11 miles if it was necessary ,but we both are in the most difficult and best Highschool in the country where you dont even pass if you don’t study enough,maybe you can suggest something to do at home,because for now it is impossible to go to the gym more then 3 days a week…

Haha I like this thread it gives me warm nostalgic feelings inside.

I <3 my training partner!

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Old Dax wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

I cant understand why anyone would CHOOSE to lift 3 times per week if theyre looking to make gains. I also dont see how someone with the ‘itch’ to lift weights can stay home 4 out of 7 days in a week. I’m usually dying to get in the weight room. I enjoy my off days because I know I do better with them but I’d much rather lift weights every day instead of bullshitting. [/quote]

I’m following SS, which calls for 3 days a week. Would you recommend assistance work for the other days than?

Shipshap- your avatar makes me laugh.

[quote]Shipshape wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Old Dax wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

I’m following SS, which calls for 3 days a week. Would you recommend assistance work for the other days than?
[/quote]

Sure. Why not. I feel like since you are even asking that you feel like you could be doing more. Always listen to your body.

I was doing kyokushin karate and sticking to the prescribed core lifts, but I’m taking four months off karate (lack of funds) so I’ll use the time for size gains and utilize more time in the gym.

hahaha

You guys are so helpfull -.-"