New to Training for Track & Field

Hey I’m new to lifting but I want to start to train for my sport of track and field. I’m awfully skinny at 6’1" 150 lbs ~7% body fat. I have a lot of trouble gaining any weight weight let alone muscle.

I was intending to get kettlebells because I tried them and liked them so much. Can anyone give me some help on how to gain some weight and maybe a cycle that would be good for track? Thanks

If you want to gain weight, eat more. Seriously, that’s it. You could also check the stickies at the top of the forum for more information about beginner training and diet.

Hey you should look at my topic mabye it might help you

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2405950

He already did. He posted on it.

If you’re going to be racing, gaining weight should be on the bottom of your list of priorities.

By gain weight I mean I would like to get some muscle, but lean muscle. My goal is to do the decathlon so I need to be more balanced. I know eating more would help, but should I do anything special such as eat more calories or purposely eat fewer meals in larger portions to slow down my metabolism? Thank for the help so far

The rules for gaining mass apply to everyone the same way. Eat a lot of good quality food. Lift heavy. If you start seeing too much fat, cut back on the food or increase the intensity of your training. You don’t necessarily have to go through bulk and cut cycles.