New to this Website and Need Help

First of all hello I just signed up, a friend gave me this website… well trully guys I don’t realy know where to post this but, i’m 17 and i’m training for the army, now ive been workout for about a year and a half and gained 20 kg, my deadlift, squat and bench is wick as hell and that is it actually.
Now I wanted to ask you guys, how can prepare best for the army?
Strength, Endurance, every guys.
Thanks, sorry 'bout any grammar mistakes.

That’s some serious bodyweight you gained, good work so far. A good plan should get you even closer to your goals.

How long do you have before you join? Exactly what will you need to do for PT to get in? That’s usually a run for 2 miles and push-ups, pull-ups, and sit-ups for time. Can you do any of those yet?

In general, any good strength-focused plan would work. I’d start with the bodyweight plan I laid out here:

And when you can knock out that workout with no problem, move on to any of these:

A few days of hard cardio on days you don’t lift (20 minutes each should be a fine start if you bring the intensity) and plenty of good eating seven days a week should sort out the rest. For the eating, refer to the nutrition section of the first article I linked to (with the bodyweight workout).

First of all thanks man.
about the PT I will be asked to run 3000 meters, and do as much push ups, crunches, pull ups and dips as I can.
right now I have done about 70 push ups, 16 pull ups, 35 dips and 65 crunches, and my stamina sucks man… we have this day before you join the army which tests your abilities, and that’s if you want to get to a special unit.
Now the problem is that I don’t know if this day is on October this year or January next year.
Well i’ll start doing what you gave me sir thank you!

Im going for the royal air force in 6 weeks still working on my fitness, im trying to keep things as simple as i can
i know you have to do a 1.5mile run in i think its around 10.30minutes correct me if im wrong. so maybe focus on doing 2mile runs
you also have to do pull ups, jerry can walk 150meters and some kind of pulling and pressing test so doing pullups/chins, walking with dumbbells over certain distances, putting an overhead exercise like military press and a pulling exercise like deadlifts into your routine.
and doing press ups, sit ups and dips for bodyweight exercises because they will get you doing some form of circuit training when your in training.

hope this helps
good luck with the army, keep focused and your be in the army in no time

Yeah man thanks but i’m talking about joining the IDF, and i’m aiming at the best units, one is similer to the SAS and the other one is like the Israeli navy seals… from what i’ve heard i will cry in their training man…

I have no personal military experience but I have a pretty good idea what they are looking for. Master your body weight. Don’t worry about raw power and get lean as shit. You want to be strong and mentally tough, but not too big for a buddy to carry you if you get shot. Roadwork, sprints, push the prowler, pushups, situps, dips, and maybe barbell complex training. And lots and lots of it. I’ve been roommates with two different Seals and neither were very big or powerful, but they could both bang out pullups and pushups till the cows came home and swim any distance they needed to swim, underwater or above it.

Yeah bro that’s exactly what I want! but I also wanna have that bulky Mark Walhberg body you know? I am aiming at 176 lb of body weight, right now i’m 165

[quote]bulbulon999 wrote:
Yeah bro that’s exactly what I want! but I also wanna have that bulky Mark Walhberg body you know? I am aiming at 176 lb of body weight, right now i’m 165[/quote]

Pick one. Or you’ll fail at both.

look at seal fit ,marsoc also lists a 10 week workout plan,
google, there are several former military personel besides sealfit that offer plans

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]bulbulon999 wrote:
Yeah bro that’s exactly what I want! but I also wanna have that bulky Mark Walhberg body you know? I am aiming at 176 lb of body weight, right now i’m 165[/quote]

Pick one. Or you’ll fail at both.[/quote]
Damn… alright thanks y’all you are all awesome and helped a lot!!

I was in the army for 4 years, what I would recommend is just get used to pushing yourself in adverse conditions. Being able to do more than you thought you could when you feel tired, or are stressed or hungry. Obviously you want to be running, rucking and doing a good deal of bodyweight exercises. But you also need to toughen your mind.

Mentally i always push myself far beyond my limits, but I don’t think it’s enough you know? but i’m starting already the bodyweight exersices and running and i’ll see in a few months what will be the result, thanks man, by the way you are big bro…