New To This, Tips to Get Bigger

I am new to this site and I have a few questions. I am 18 years old 6’0 tall and weigh 155 pounds. I think that I am to skinny for my age and want to add some muscle weight. I was thinking about buying whey protein and buying a bench. Right now I can bench only 145 lbs but i never worked on it. I just tried it at a friends house.

Could you give me some good workout tips and strategies that will help me get bigger and get my body ready for the summer? I want to work my abs 2 and arms.

Bigger for the summer. 3 Months. Don’t expect any huge gains in that time. You can make progress, but like many others, you’re thinking changing your body is something that can happen in a short period of time. Anyhow. Read the Beginner thread stickied at the top. Not all of it necessarily, but most of it. Anything that you don’t know about, read.

Make sure to read the articles dealing with nutrition. Nutritiion is key in changing your body which should go without explaining yet suprisingly usually never does. So read those, even if you think you have a good general idea. Another good article to read to start getting ideas about training programs is Big Boy Basics. You should, imo, experiment with that a little. Do a few weeks changing the sets rep volume etc; you’ll read all about it in there.

Just be patient, nail nutrition, train hard and consistent, and who knows by summer you may gain some weight and muscles. A lot of gains at first are going to be increasing the efficiency of the CNS (central nervous system) to recruit muscles fibers. Keep that in mind.

There are three basic lifts, or “the big 3”, these are the Squat, Bench, and Deadlift. There are also three basic rules for lifting, and they are:

Eat big
Lift big
Sleep big

Strive these rules, and youll make wonders. 6’0 155 and beyond, good luck dude.

[quote]ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:
There are three basic lifts, or “the big 3”, these are the Squat, Bench, and Deadlift. There are also three basic rules for lifting, and they are:

Eat big
Lift big
Sleep big

Strive these rules, and youll make wonders. 6’0 155 and beyond, good luck dude.[/quote]

Nice post!

Two words; 5x5, eat, eat, eat, Bill Starr (linear progression), fat/oils, protein.

(ok, more than two words!)