New to This Site

Good job, man. Just saw the videos - very strong for your size.
You’re not going to get high marks here because you’re pretty small by bodybuilding/powerlifting standards, and you certainly don’t look as strong as you are.

My advice: EAT. Your lifts are indicative of productive training, but your size/weight point to a deficit in your diet. Eat plenty of good, clean foods and keep training. Post an updated set of pictures/lift videos when you’ve gained 20-30 pounds.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
c’mon talbot, you going to eat your words, a bench of 175 is what you guessed, you were a whopping 65 pounds WRONG, or you not going to post here again.

Damn russ this happens everywhere you post, hell I was guilty of it before, I didn’t believe you could do dips plus 100 plus pounds or whatever it was. Good job on the lifts.[/quote]

uhh… dude, do you have a grudge against him? There’s no need to flame here - we were all thinking the same thing as talbot until the OP posted videos. More power to him that he proved us wrong, but certainly no need to rub it in anyone’s face.

Are we rating you on your physique or lifts? Your physique (to me) deserves a 3 because its nothing special. Average look of a guy that lifts. An 8 or 9 for your lifts, because I can’t believe the numbers you can put up. Great job!

Can you post updated squat and dl video? I couldn’t tell in the dl video but it honestly looked like 135 to me. Nice job on bench and what not, your not going to progress much more unless you start EATING more.

No I like rubbing it in a tad, I don’t care about the other people, just that talbot came up with his own numbers for what he believed russ could lift, kind of insulting to russ. He could have said to post videos like the others but didn’t, so for that…I’ll rub it in a bit.

[quote]russ_89 wrote:
Anyone can watch my videos on youtube.com

go to www.youtube.com and type in russparker89

you can watch my deadlift vid. were I do 300 for like. . .8 reps and then the vid cut out, but you can tell that I did 10 because it was easy.

you can watch my 240 bench press vid. that was a while ago I actually hit 250 but fell back down due to working out on My teachers program.

And I have a vid were I’m walking on my hands its cool check it out.[/quote]

Ill be a man and admit it, you proved me wrong, your strength is very surprising and you have a very good strenght/body weight ratio

[quote]1morerep wrote:
hmm…ok i’ll be the first to question! judging from your weight and your very thin frame, i have to admit your numbers seem a bit high to me. [/quote]

It’s always funny how I see bigger guys in the gym who don’t lift these numbers but every single person on T-Nation lifts these numbers as a minimum.

Fuck it, I can bench 405x10, squat 560x10, deadlift 690x10.

Me loves the interwebs, I feel so much stronger after stating my e-lifts.

[quote]talbotko wrote:
russ_89 wrote:
My name is Russ Parker, I came to this site when I was 16 and made a login but didn’t log back on until now. I saw this picture rating thing and thought it was pretty cool. Some stuff about me.

144lbs
bench-240
squat-330
deadlift-430
bodyfat…around 7

Been lifting for the past 4 years, started out benching 95. I just started to become more strict on my protein intake and how much good fats and carbs I get.

I bet your numbers are more like this
bench 165
squat 275
deadlift 300[/quote]

Bench 165
squat 135
Deadlift 245

[quote]mazevedo wrote:

Fuck it, I can bench 405x10, squat 560x10, deadlift 690x10.

[/quote]

Dont worry someday you will be squatin 700x20 like me if you keep workin hard.

I agree with Shizen, that deadlift doesn’t look like 300.

Also, maybe I’m getting picky, but to the OP, keep your ass on the bench when you press. No hip hop benching allowed.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Can you post updated squat and dl video? I couldn’t tell in the dl video but it honestly looked like 135 to me. Nice job on bench and what not, your not going to progress much more unless you start EATING more. [/quote]

Are you serious? You can clearly make out the outline of other plates against the 45. This kid posted videos and still people are giving him a hard time. What the hell?

I’m impressed as I said and the DL was absolutely more than 135 but I couldnt tell if it was fully 300 it didnt really look like it but I have no reason not to believe as he proved everything else. And his benching form could be a little better as above stated but he is lightyears ahead of most of the ego lifters our age. I have very strict but sometimes on a 1rm I’ll lift my back (not my butt) to finish the lift. It’s a natural reaction when you are struggling. Still good job OP, now work on some size eating and agood program and your lifts and size could blow up.

[quote]rcsermas wrote:
shizen wrote:
Can you post updated squat and dl video? I couldn’t tell in the dl video but it honestly looked like 135 to me. Nice job on bench and what not, your not going to progress much more unless you start EATING more.

Are you serious? You can clearly make out the outline of other plates against the 45. This kid posted videos and still people are giving him a hard time. What the hell?
[/quote]

not doubting I would just like to see updated video

It was a 300 pound set that I used in the deadlift video. the 45 pound bar and on each side there was:

1:45
1:35
1:25
1:10
2:5
1:2.5

I’m not going to post another video of a 300lb deadlift. 300 pounds is not a high number for deadlift. Atleast in my mind it isn’t. And like you guys are saying, this is rate my physique, not “rate my lift”.
If I put another deadlift video on here I want it to be 445 for 1 rep.

[quote]russ_89 wrote:
It was a 300 pound set that I used in the deadlift video. the 45 pound bar and on each side there was:

1:45
1:35
1:25
1:10
2:5
1:2.5

I’m not going to post another video of a 300lb deadlift. 300 pounds is not a high number for deadlift. Atleast in my mind it isn’t. And like you guys are saying, this is rate my physique, not “rate my lift”.
If I put another deadlift video on here I want it to be 445 for 1 rep.[/quote]

yeah please do and squat video, always good to see a nice lift.

Wow, those are some impressive numbers. Also, i am suprised no one has asked for your routine in terms of weight, reps, and exercises, so i will be the first to do it. I am curious how you got those high numbers at your weight.

I eat about 1.5-2 grames of protein.
I lift heavy. . .
3 sets of 5
3 sets of 3

Static contraction helped a lot with my bench
I just push myself hard on deadlift…Like if I can do 300 for 5 reps I hold on tight and push hard for 10. I usually try to be explosive with the weight that I’m trying to lift. Deadlift squat or bench. I can only do a low amount of reps with heavy weight. Once I lose that explosiveness and get tired I’m usually done by reps 5 or 6.

I hit each muscle 2 times a week.
Upper body
lower body
upper body
lower body
break
break
break

My only recommendation would be to train harder. You may not know what this means yet because all trainees think they are training hard. But…train harder and go upper, lower, off and repeat. Maybe its just me but I know when I’m REALLY working on an upper lower split I cant go four days straight no rest.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
Wow, those are some impressive numbers. Also, i am suprised no one has asked for your routine in terms of weight, reps, and exercises, so i will be the first to do it. I am curious how you got those high numbers at your weight.[/quote]

well here’s a news flash - he has no clue as to how he’s able to it. it’s not his routine or exercise strategy that’s responsible. he’s just a naturally strong kid. just like i’m relatively weak in many areas. at 165 lbs i’m lucky if i can bench 250 lbs for 1 measly rep. but it’s the same thing over and over - very strong guys who look like shit and the opposite.

now i’m not at all saying the OP looks like shit. but he’s got a loooong way to go before he’ll fill out enough to even make a dent and appear as tho he’s got any size. he’s a classic ectomorph. and just because he’s strong doesn’t automatically mean he’ll put on size either. don’t be concerned with what other people do because chances are it wont work for you.

Brilliant; great body on a young man’ forget the goons and their silly comments; you’re as hot as they come at 18 years; still far from a mature body; more lean mass and power will come; stay hot winner; yer goin’ good’
John Perth Au