6’0 155 in october

To this 175-177

In 3.5 months

175-177

175-177

175-177

Excuse the drawers lol laundry day

Hey man, welcome to the site.

You look around 9% body fat to me. I’m sure some others could give you another number, help you take an average.

What are YOUR goals?

My goal is to get to 190 within the next 3-5 months with little BF as possible.

I play basketball and just tryna bulk up a bit and add strength before my Junior and Senior year, im in college BTW.

BUMP

Welcome to T-Nation brother,

Most around here really don’t care to get specific with “What is my Body fat percentage” type questions because, well… It really doesn’t matter.

What would you change if I said 20%? Would would you change if I said 4%? 10%?

The NUMBER is not what matters, its about the level of fat on your body in the mirror, and for you if its affecting your BB Playing. If you are happy with it, keep lifting, eating, and getting bigger. If you aren’t, focus efforts to get rid of it.

So, are you happy with your current level of leanness? (I hope so, you are in good shape and young)… If so, focus on SMASHING the weights, getting STRONG AS SHIT, and eating more good food.

Again, welcome aboard, we are glad to have you here.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

So, are you happy with your current level of leanness? (I hope so, you are in good shape and young)… If so, focus on SMASHING the weights, getting STRONG AS SHIT, and eating more good food.

[/quote]

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Welcome to T-Nation brother,

Most around here really don’t care to get specific with “What is my Body fat percentage” type questions because, well… It really doesn’t matter.

What would you change if I said 20%? Would would you change if I said 4%? 10%?

The NUMBER is not what matters, its about the level of fat on your body in the mirror, and for you if its affecting your BB Playing. If you are happy with it, keep lifting, eating, and getting bigger. If you aren’t, focus efforts to get rid of it.

Again, welcome aboard, we are glad to have you here.[/quote]

Thanks, and I’m happy with my leanness, but I do want to become just a tad bit thicker maybe, because sometimes I look at myself at 175 and see other guys around my weight that’s my height and they look bigger than me, I like being lean, just maybe a little bigger.

[quote]flashstinson0 wrote:

Thanks, and I’m happy with my leanness, but I do want to become just a tad bit thicker maybe, because sometimes I look at myself at 175 and see other guys around my weight that’s my height and they look bigger than me, I like being lean, just maybe a little bigger.
[/quote]

Ha… Welcome to the club brother! Thats the name of the game for EVERYONE around here. Thicker and leaner.

In any event, you see like a young guy to me based on your photos, so you have plenty of time to get at it. Just focus on getting stronger for now, make sure you dont eat so much crap that you are adding fat, and everything will take care of itself.

Oh, and stay in school.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

[/quote]

Ha… Welcome to the club brother! Thats the name of the game for EVERYONE around here. Thicker and leaner.

In any event, you see like a young guy to me based on your photos, so you have plenty of time to get at it. Just focus on getting stronger for now, make sure you dont eat so much crap that you are adding fat, and everything will take care of itself.

Oh, and stay in school.[/quote]

Yea I’m 21 and I only been lifting for 3.5 months as I stated, so I know it will take time, and I’ve cut out all the candy,fastfood,pop etc… And yea that’s my #1 goal is to get strong, bulking up would just be a plus.

I will stay in school lol I play basketball

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

[/quote]

Oh, and stay in school.[/quote]

Yea I’m 21 and I only been lifting for 3.5 months as I stated, so I know it will take time, and I’ve cut out all the candy,fastfood,pop etc… And yea that’s my #1 goal is to get strong, bulking up would just be a plus.

I will stay in school lol I play basketball
[/quote]

Since you play basketball, skill is more important than anything. Yes, strength and size have their places, but skill will prevail over all. How tall are you? What position do you play? Since you’re relatively new, I would try and find a more experienced and SMART lifter to help you. You don’t need to do a full blown bodybuilding split or a Westside routine. What you need is to keep your basketball skills in check, your diet right, and a good program for a beginner. I would recommend starting strength by Mark Rippetoe. If you follow that to a T and keep your diet clean, another 15 pounds should come easy. Best of luck to you.

CS

[/quote]

Since you play basketball, skill is more important than anything. Yes, strength and size have their places, but skill will prevail over all. How tall are you? What position do you play? Since you’re relatively new, I would try and find a more experienced and SMART lifter to help you. You don’t need to do a full blown bodybuilding split or a Westside routine. What you need is to keep your basketball skills in check, your diet right, and a good program for a beginner. I would recommend starting strength by Mark Rippetoe. If you follow that to a T and keep your diet clean, another 15 pounds should come easy. Best of luck to you.

CS[/quote]

I’m 6’0 barefoot 6’1 in shoes and I play Point Guard.

And can i find that Mark Rippetoe workout online?

Thanks for the advice my man.

What’s your body fat? LOW, very low. I would say that 9% figure is accurrate, but really no way to tell.

x2 on starting strength.

That is probably the perfect program for your situation. Remember, gains will be made in the kitchen.

How is your diet specifically? Do you know how much protien you are consuming?

You should see excellent gains with SS and it will make you more explosive on the floor.

baller.

[quote]thickmick wrote:
What’s your body fat? LOW, very low. I would say that 9% figure is accurrate, but really no way to tell.

x2 on starting strength.

That is probably the perfect program for your situation. Remember, gains will be made in the kitchen.

How is your diet specifically? Do you know how much protien you are consuming?

You should see excellent gains with SS and it will make you more explosive on the floor.[/quote]

Ok, my diet right now is lots of chicken,steak,potatoes,rice,corn,green beans,mandarin oranges,pineapples,bannanas,oatmeal,whey protein(2 times a day), bagels, pancakes,sausage,eggs,peanut butter jelly sandwiches,ham and turkey sandwiches,sometimes lasgna, and I eat candy every friday lol dont drink pop anymore or eat fast food anymore.

And what’s this SS program? I’m willing to do it, I’ve gotten good gains since I started lifting 3.5 months ago, but I need to switch up my program.

Thanks.