T Nation

New to the Site

I’m a 112 pound football/wrestler in East Alabama i played CB & RB in football and won 5 metals this year in wrestling i finshed with a record of 24-5.

my uncle is heavythower, and he turned me on to the site as a great source of information about training and nutrition. looking foward to meeting new people an learning alot.

[quote]the don wrote:
i am a 112 pound football/wrestler in East Alabama i played CB & RB in football and won 5 metals this year in wrestling i finshed with a record of 24-5.

my uncle is heavythower, and he turned me on to the site as a great source of information about training and nutrition. looking foward to meeting new people an learning alot.

[/quote]

Good to have another person in the strength sports forum.

Welcome and good record. I’m up in Huntsville. Talk to your Uncle all the time about throwing and lifting. All us ole farts will be following your progress with interest. They don’t let us out of the over 35 lifter section too often but I’ll sneak out and start watching this part of the site more often.

112 pounds? wow i weigh like more than twice of that.

ignore that idiot alex, you will encounter many “people” like him on the internet, who use the anonymity of the internet as a license to say things they would not have the balls to say in person.

Alex had a great year wrestling, only his second year, and due to so few athletes that were available in his weightclass, he often had to wrestle much older and sometimes bigger boys.

Welcome. What are your personal goals? plans to accomplish?

BTW, I’m slightly jealous that you have HT as a mentor and relative. Very cool.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Welcome. What are your personal goals? plans to accomplish?

BTW, I’m slightly jealous that you have HT as a mentor and relative. Very cool.[/quote]

Seconded. It’s good to have you on the forum.

haha, i had logged on under my nephews account to “customize” what he can view(some of the forums are not appropriate for you kid)

what i meant to say was:

alex can speak for himself,

what I would like him to do, is to get serious about lifting, right now, his time in the gym with the weights is something he has to endure as part of the regime he has to do in order to wrestle.

though i submit that technique, fundamentals, and conditioning are more important than the weights at this point, i want him to realize that every day he is not working on getting stronger is a day his competition is

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
haha, i had logged on under my nephews account to “customize” what he can view(some of the forums are not appropriate for you kid)

what i meant to say was:

alex can speak for himself,

what I would like him to do, is to get serious about lifting, right now, his time in the gym with the weights is something he has to endure as part of the regime he has to do in order to wrestle.

though i submit that technique, fundamentals, and conditioning are more important than the weights at this point, i want him to realize that every day he is not working on getting stronger is a day his competition is[/quote]

Hey man, even us teenagers like to peek around SAMA sometimes :slight_smile:

no problems zep, but i have his parents to answer to!!

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
no problems zep, but i have his parents to answer to!![/quote]

haha!

Welcome, young man. I’m happy to say I’m one of your uncle’s crazy friends on his thread. Listen to him, he’s a wealth of information and inspiration. He walks the walk and talks the talk. You will hear from many folks on here.

Only believe what you see. Like your uncles videos. Many say they can do something but can’t. Be kind of a sponge and learn as much as you can. When there’s question, ask your uncle. Chances are he’s been there, done that, and has the t-shirt. Good luck, train smart and as heavy as possible.

Welcome aboard!!! We are a little crazy around and as your uncle pointed out there are a few ninnies on this site that enjoy stirring up trouble.

Stick with Barry, BiggJames, and your uncle and you will defenitely make great strides.

Im excited to follow your progress.

Have you picked out a routine and know exactly what direction your going in?

Best of luck…

B-3

Welcome Alex,
Looking forward to watching your progress…you have the most fantastic uncle a kid could want!!! No better mentor, in lifting or life, than HT!!!