T Nation

New to the Forum and Next Step

Hey everyone,

I may be posting this in the wrong area but trying to figure some stuff out.

Currently I have a 4 day a week M,T,Th,F strength program with conditioning mixed in on those days as well. I’m confused on where to go next, I’ve made decent physical changes with this and would like to see some serious changes next.

Here’s what I do now:

MONDAY
Snatch-Grip Jump Shrug 3 x 3-5 Rest 3-5 minutes
Barbell Squat 5 x 4-6 Rest 3-5 minutes
Push Press 3 x 6-8 Rest 2-3 minutes
Back Extension 2 x 10 Rest 1-2 minutes

*Tabata with Kettlebell swings

TUESDAY
Bench Press 4 x 4-6 Rest 3-5 minutes
Pull up or Pulldown 4 x 8 Rest 2-3 minutes
Dumbell Shoulder Press 2 x 12 Rest 1-2 minutes
Barbell Curl 3 x 10 Rest 1-2 minutes

*Tabata with the rowing machine

THURSDAY
High Pull 3 x 3-5 Rest 3-5 minutes
Front Squat 3 x 6-8 Rest 2-3 minutes
Romanian Deadlift 4 x 6-8 Rest 2-3 minutes
Lunge 3 x 10 Rest 1-2 minutes

Jump Rope (100 both legs, 50 R/L legs, 50 Alternating, 100 both legs)

FRIDAY
Dumbell Row 4 x 6-8 Rest 2-3 minutes
Dumbell Incline Bench Press 3 x 10 Rest 1-2 minutes
Lateral Raise 3 x 12 Rest 1-2 minutes
Lying Triceps Extension 3 x 10 Rest 1-2 minutes

4 station 4 rounds Circuit of: KB Swings, Box Jumps, Burpees, Situps (12 reps each)

Other days are rest days

I started on the Abs diet last year and their exercise plan/ eating plan. It worked well and got a lot of fat off my frame. I went from 225 to 180 (about 13% body fat) and still changing. I’m in much better shape but now I’m looking to say “what’s the next step.” I still have some fat to get rid of and want to pack on some muscle. I’ve been doing some homework and looking at complexes for both fat burning and building muscle but don’t know how to supplement them into a 4 days a week routine (or 3 day) or if that is even a good path to take.

Sorry f it’s a rookie question or anything just trying to learn more.

Don’t take the name of this thread as any sort of personal criticism. The thread itself contains a wealth of information regarding bodybuilding style splits, if you do intend to focus on “physique” style changes next.

If your still making progress (losing fat, lifts at least staying same/maybe going up) then don’t change what your doing. If you’ve stalled, figure out what you want (more fat loss, more muscle) and then adjust your diet to reflect that. And yes I would recommend reading that link posted if you’re current routine isn’t working anymore. Actually read it anyway, but if what you’re doing now is working just read it for some future knowledge and don’t actually switch your routine yet.

Thanks for the support guys… I’m looking to keep things fresh I suppose and work in some other routines. I added this week and the conditioning routines at the end really help too get that “last drop” of energy out.

But now I feel myself starting to adjust a little and am trying to avoid that “familiar” feeling. I mean overall there are some main lifts but I also want to incorporate some other lifts into this routine. Regular deadlifts, hack squats, bent over rows and regular shrugs are of them but don’t know where they would fit nicely or what else I can really add into the routine (I think those would help some areas I’m weak with the other lifts).

How would you guys alter this?

Thanks for the help.

try doing a Conjugate system with your routine. so you will never feel the familiarizes of your routine