New to T-Nation, Please Rate My Diet!

I am currently 5’ 10, 184 lbs and around 13-15 % bf depends on how much I drink that weekend, lol. This is my basic diet below. I am kind of a novice at my diet so I was hoping some experts on here could give me some nice imput, thanks! my goals are to keep the same muscle mass, maybe a low gain over time, and to lose bf down to 9 and below.

6:30 am
no 2 black
4 eggs over light
2 peices rye bread
1 orange
glass of water

8:30
bcaas

10:00 am snack
fiber one bar
pure one 25g protien bar

12:30-1:00
proten shake with 2x fruits
1x fish oil

2:00
bcaas

4:00-4:30
no2 black
peice of chicken
2x veggies
unless post workout than ill add 2x cups of brown rice

7:00
1x veggies
protien bar

bcaas

9:30-10
60 g protien shake

from a glance, it doesn’t look like enough calories to put on mass.

have you calculated the total calories?

edit-, i thought you were looking to add mass, Sorry I misread

You can probably do without those fiber one bars and protein bars. They add lots of sugars that you should be trying to avoid. Stick to whole foods as much as possible.

I wouldn’t really eat the bcaas if you’re eating within 3 hours, seems like a waste. Either immediately upon waking up, around workouts, or right before you go to bed.

Lose the protein bars, they mostly suck.

If by 1x, you mean 1 pill of fish oil, then eat more of it.

I’m going just say this, and no offense to you, I’m not calling you out or anything. If you are, you are. Did you get your bodyfat accurately checked?

I’m just saying this because it seems like every newbie that comes here over the years thinks their bodyfat is 12-15% and well, they’re not. I think it’s just a nice ‘safe’ number or something.

[quote]mfzx25 wrote:
I am currently 5’ 10, 184 lbs and around 13-15 % bf depends on how much I drink that weekend, lol. This is my basic diet below. I am kind of a novice at my diet so I was hoping some experts on here could give me some nice imput, thanks! my goals are to keep the same muscle mass, maybe a low gain over time, and to lose bf down to 9 and below.

no 2 black
4 eggs over light
2 peices rye bread
1 orange
glass of water

bcaas

fiber one bar
pure one 25g protien bar

1x fish oil

bcaas

no2 black
peice of chicken
2x veggies

1x veggies
protien bar

bcaas

60 g protien shake

[/quote]

Things I would change if i were you:
Add fish oil to more meals instead of just one.
Get rid of the fiber one crap and throw in veggies or fruit
I would surround your workout with your bcaa’s instead of sporatically throughout the day like you did in the morning.
what is no2 black? if its a supplement, get rid of it, sounds like garbage.
Take a multi,
What kind of protein shake are you taking at night time? What are the ingredients?

You also didnt specify which mean is your Post Workout Meal, which is important as having some carbs at this time would be ideal.

[quote]Evilmage wrote:
I wouldn’t really eat the bcaas if you’re eating within 3 hours, seems like a waste. Either immediately upon waking up, around workouts, or right before you go to bed.

Lose the protein bars, they mostly suck.

If by 1x, you mean 1 pill of fish oil, then eat more of it.

I’m going just say this, and no offense to you, I’m not calling you out or anything. If you are, you are. Did you get your bodyfat accurately checked?

I’m just saying this because it seems like every newbie that comes here over the years thinks their bodyfat is 12-15% and well, they’re not. I think it’s just a nice ‘safe’ number or something.

[/quote]

Its cool man, I’m not a newbie to working out, been lifting for 2 years now just never was really serious with my diet. I lift 4-5 days a week now, along with jump rope 2x a week for 20-30 minutes. I just want to get really serious and need some advice.

[quote]Serd wrote:
mfzx25 wrote:

no 2 black
4 eggs over light
2 peices rye bread
1 orange
glass of water

bcaas

fiber one bar
pure one 25g protien bar

1x fish oil

bcaas

no2 black
peice of chicken
2x veggies

1x veggies
protien bar

bcaas

60 g protien shake

Things I would change if i were you:
Add fish oil to more meals instead of just one.
Get rid of the fiber one crap and throw in veggies or fruit
I would surround your workout with your bcaa’s instead of sporatically throughout the day like you did in the morning.
what is no2 black? if its a supplement, get rid of it, sounds like garbage.
Take a multi,
What kind of protein shake are you taking at night time? What are the ingredients?

[/quote]

no2 is an agrinine supplement to help with recovery. Right now I am taking Eas protien.

[quote]elusive wrote:
You can probably do without those fiber one bars and protein bars. They add lots of sugars that you should be trying to avoid. Stick to whole foods as much as possible. [/quote]

i agree with him protein bars and fiber one have alot of sugar and alot of saturated fat which will set you back a little bit. Stick to whole food and only resort to eating bars when u dont have time to eat whole foods.

Also you might wana throw some oatmeal in your diet instead of the rye bread even though its not bad for u oatmeal is far superior. Dont drink iether it slows down protein synthesis and will add extra calories and not get you down to your desired 9% body fat.