New To T-Nation and Working Out

Hey Guys, as you can see I’m new and I’m a bit confused. I read all the begginers threads and dont really know whats going on. I’m 20 years old my wieght is about 200 to 210 pounds and im 6’1 .

I’m carrying some extra baggage and I dont know where to start. Im planning onto signing up with this local Gym in my area but I dont want to go in and not knowing what I’m doing and do the total oppisit routine that im suppose to be doing. If you guys can give me a little input I’d appreacaite a lot…

Start with some goals, that way people can give meaningful advice. You say you’ve got extra baggage (physical, right :P), perhaps you want to start by losing fat? Do you care about strength/muscle size? What’s your nutrition like? Basically, the more information the better.

Yeah im carrying some extra baggage i got myself a Gut and and love handles. Over all i want to get rid of them. So I would say my goal is to have a Lean but Somwhat bulky Body. My nutrition isnt the best. I’m not really following a plan at the moment but im trying to figure it out.

I dont know if thats any help. i kinda confused my self on that. i have trouble wording things at time. sorry.

[quote]JDM88 wrote:
Yeah im carrying some extra baggage i got myself a Gut and and love handles. Over all i want to get rid of them. So I would say my goal is to have a Lean but Somwhat bulky Body. My nutrition isnt the best. I’m not really following a plan at the moment but im trying to figure it out.

I dont know if thats any help. i kinda confused my self on that. i have trouble wording things at time. sorry.[/quote]

Your biggest problem sounds like your diet - clean that up! Theres tons of diet info on this website…

Also just increasing your lean body mass will help take care of some extra weight (love handles ect…)

I’d say get on a program and start lifting regularly, theres also tons of program info on here too. I personally just started the Rippetoe Starting Strength workout. My goal was to beef up my skinny little legs. I’ve always been very lean/skinny - but since I started lifting I’ve noticed some fat loss with the strength gains…something that was totally unexpected!

clean up your diet son!

Yeah been really trying to improve my diet. just i always mess it up. But this time around im seriouse about Getting inshape and being healthy. Family line of Heart Problems that im trying to avoide.

[quote]JDM88 wrote:
Yeah been really trying to improve my diet. just i always mess it up. But this time around im seriouse about Getting inshape and being healthy. Family line of Heart Problems that im trying to avoide.[/quote]

well that sounds like a hell of a motivator to me. Just take it day by day man, try not to sweat about it too much, more stress is just the opposite of what you need.

Stick true to want you want, and your goals will be reached sooner than you hope!

Will Do, thank you bro.