New to Supplements, Advice?

backstory:

I’m currently 20-30 lbs overweight. 224 lbs (5’10.5).

I’ve been working with a personal trainer trying to lose weight and get stronger for the last 12 weeks.

I lost around 10 lbs in that time.

I was thinking about buying two products from this site:

1. Spike
  2. Flameout

I currently take multivitams and a metabolizer. Thought, not everyday.

Will Spike or Flameout counter the multi-vitams/metabolizer? I’m mainly trying to lose more fat. Is Spike/Flameout good for this?

To be honest with you I wouldnt start taking anything just yet. Let your trainer do their job, eat clean and keep losing weight. After you do supplement time will begin.

[quote]Falling wrote:
backstory:
I’m currently 20-30 lbs overweight. 224 lbs (5’10.5).

I’ve been working with a personal trainer trying to lose weight and get stronger for the last 12 weeks.

I lost around 10 lbs in that time.

I was thinking about buying two products from this site:

1. Spike
  2. Flameout

I currently take multivitams and a metabolizer. Thought, not everyday.

Will Spike or Flameout counter the multi-vitams/metabolizer? I’m mainly trying to lose more fat. Is Spike/Flameout good for this?

[/quote]

Flameout certainly won’t mess up anything and some type of fish oil supplement should be taken over just about anything else. What metabolizer are you taking. By this I assume you mean weight loss aid, ala HOT-ROX. Spike may interfere with this as your not supposed to take it with HOT-ROX.

Diet is going to determine your weight loss before anything else. I’m not really sure what 20-30lbs overweight means. 20-30lbs away from your goal or away from a sixpack. By most of todays standards I’m 40lbs overweight at 6’ even though I have around 12% bodyfat.

i’m a little chubby around the center. nothing huge. I want to lose like 20 lbs so that goes away.

I take Apex Lean Metabolizer Plus (Fat Burn 1)

This interfears with Spike?

So people think go for it on the fish oil but not for Spike?

How often does the fish oil come into stock? Seems it is always sold out the last few times i looked on here ( only have found this site in the last week ).

[quote]Falling wrote:

How often does the fish oil come into stock? Seems it is always sold out the last few times i looked on here ( only have found this site in the last week ).
[/quote]

Yup, your place is in the back of the line. :wink:

Anyway, untill Flameout-of-stock is back, you can take any other fish-oil supplement. Or you could take flaxseed oil.

Also, I’d go for glucosamine. You can probably find it with chondroitine and MSM. It’s supposed to repair your joints, but it can be taken pre-emptively. And it shouldn’t be expensive either.

[quote]Falling wrote:

[/quote]

We have a new feature set up that you can receive a PM as soon as a product is back in stock. Just click on the “Notify When Available” button on the store page and you’ll be one of the first to be able to purchase it. :wink:

Hope that helps.
Mod Laurie

Thanks for the backstory…

I would get some sort of fish oil cap. You can get some cheap ones at Walmart or GNC (gasp…) if you don’t want to wait for Flameout.

I also would consider Surge, if anything. Spike won’t help much given the metabolizer pill you take.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Spike won’t help much given the metabolizer pill you take.[/quote]

How do you figure this? I suspect that Spike would definitely offer benefits not given by the product he currently takes.

However, it’s likey they should not be used together.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Spike won’t help much given the metabolizer pill you take.

How do you figure this? I suspect that Spike would definitely offer benefits not given by the product he currently takes.

However, it’s likey they should not be used together.[/quote]

I guess I phrased it wrong. I just meant they shouldn’t be taken together, as you said. And I figured he wasn’t going to stop taking his current one.