New to Site, New to HCG and TRT

Good day to everyone,

I am 44 years old and had my T levels checked about 18 months ago. It was 240. I workout 3 times a week and do cardio 2 times a week. I was drinking alcohol 3 times a week and not living the way I should have. Sleeping was 4-5 hours a night. Long story short the Dr put me on HCG 6000 3 times a week 25ML to see if my testis are working.

My question is, if my blood work comes back high like 600 to 700, and I live a more normal lifestyle like cut back on the drinking, sleep much better, could this be a cure? or am I stuck taking HCG or Test for life?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The whole reason I even took blood work was because I was suffering from anxiety out of no where. I have never suffered from depression or anxiety ever and the past year my anxiety has been crazy. The Dr. thought it was due to my low T of 240.

Are you still on HCG 6000 3 times a week after 18 months ? That’s a huge dose.

If you’re secondary low T you could try a PCT restart with a SERM, or a SERM maintanence dose. Clomid or Nolvadex (Tamoxifen). The longer you stay on HCG and Test, the more likely it is that you will depend on it for life.

Thank you for your response. I have only been on HCG for two weeks my last shot was this morning, I only started this to hopefully start my own natural production again. Is this possible?

That HCG dose is too large and can make your problem worse by desensitizing your testicles to the signal to produce testosterone, so when the HCG is stopped your T production will be lower than what you started off with. A typical dose for use in hormone replacement therapy is about 250 IU HCG 3 times a week, which gives you an idea of how excessive your current dose is.

HCG will also shut down the signals your brain send to make your testicles produce testosterone, and it will take a while for this to recover after stopping HCG. So if you want to recover naturally, HCG is not the way to go.

It’s possible to restart with a good PCT protocol. It would help if you made lifestyle changes and checked to see if your Thyroid is healthy.

Read all of the stickies which are the first seven topics on the T Replacement forum.

You can google Dr Scally’s PCT protocol. He uses high HCG but nothing like your dose. If you end up back at 240, you could try a low dose SERM before going back on TRT.