New to Powerlifting, Tips?

Hello, I’ve started powerlifting two months ago and I would like to get tips to get stronger, thanks.
by the way, my PR’s is
190KG/428Lbs Deadlifts (conventional)
140KG/315Lbs Squats (HUGH improvment for me)
95KG/215Lbs Bench press
425KG/958Lbs Total

Feedback please.
I am 16

What’s your bodyweight?

At 16, eat a lot, lift heavy, and sleep a lot.

read some Dan John and Jim Wendler articles

1. Be consistent.

2. Stay healthy.

3. Focus on technique development.

4. Be prepared to spend at least a decade in the sport before you even approach your ceiling as a lifter.

This sport isn’t difficult to excel at; you just need to be willing to outlast all of those who will quit before you. All of the top lifters have these four things in common: they train consistently, they’re at least periodically healthy (though injuries are near-inevitable), they’re very sound technically, and they have amassed a wealth of experience.

I weigh 190lbs I meant a powerlifting tips in terms of training and diet

damn your deadlift is kicking mines ass, I just turned 17 and haven’t gotten into the 4s yet. Eating a ton is really important, along with a ton of other things but I’ll throw that one in there

[quote]OfekB wrote:
I weigh 190lbs I meant a powerlifting tips in terms of training and diet[/quote]

I feel like if your questions were more specific, the answers to them would be too.

My recommendation would be to read anything you can get your hands on in reference to powerlifting. Yes you can ask questions on here but a majority of newb questions asked are very basic and can be answered in various articles on line by Simmons, Tate, Wendler, Lilly and Bell. Look through all the various programs, find one, read everything you can on it and then stick with it for a while.

There are a lot of people who recommend 531. I don’t know anything about it other than the name but you may look it up, read all the free articles about it and give it ago. Hope this helps

Oh I’ve watched right now mark bells’s videos but I would like to get tips from you how did you got your bench up, thanks.

[quote]OfekB wrote:
Oh I’ve watched right now mark bells’s videos but I would like to get tips from you how did you got your bench up, thanks.[/quote]

Benching twice a week has helped me. One day regular bench. One day board presses with various boards.

[quote]OfekB wrote:
Oh I’ve watched right now mark bells’s videos but I would like to get tips from you how did you got your bench up, thanks.[/quote]

Just train for a few years and experiment with different approaches. Literally every conceivable training method has been used to produce a very strong bench press.

What program are you currently using, if any? Are you still making progress on the main lifts, or have you stalled?

If your form sucks, it doesn’t matter what kind of programming you use. Post some videos of your form and we’ll be able analyze it. This way you won’t spin your wheels and not make as much progress or worse end up hurt. This is a huge area for especially beginners and really anyone at any stage of lifting. If you know people experienced in PL, get them to help too.

I ain’t no begginer, I’ve ‘bodybuild’ for one and a half years…
and my program is just lower/upper 4 times a week and I see alot of results I’ve started before 2 months with
190lbs bench
360lbs deadlift
225lbs squat

[quote]OfekB wrote:
I ain’t no begginer, I’ve ‘bodybuild’ for one and a half years…
and my program is just lower/upper 4 times a week and I see alot of results I’ve started before 2 months with
190lbs bench
360lbs deadlift
225lbs squat[/quote]

If you weigh 190lbs and those are your numbers, then yes, you are a beginner. That’s ok though, we were all beginners at one point. If you answers the questions asked of you, we can help you reach your goals. If you get an attitude and make post like the one I’ve quoted, most guys are going to tell you to piss off and figure it out by yourself. So relax and just give us some feedback so we can help

[quote]OfekB wrote:
I weigh 190lbs I meant a powerlifting tips in terms of training and diet[/quote]
Hey man as a fellow 16 year old here are a few things i have found to help me out alot. Reguardless of what others say just keep doing what your doing. I’ve been to many gyms that I’ve gotten kicked out form because I’m a “dangerous lifter”. Have to remeber to basically eat anything and everything at this age. I read a few articals on lifting when your young and they recommended anything that has calories,and protien. I’ve found when I get in about a gram of protein per pound of body weight my gains came incredibly fast.
Also if anyone is interested I’m 250 ,6’1". Best lifts 315 bench 500 pound squat and 385 deadlift.

[quote]Umbrata Fortis wrote:

[quote]OfekB wrote:
Hey man as a fellow 16 year old here are a few things i have found to help me out alot. Reguardless of what others say just keep doing what your doing. I’ve been to many gyms that I’ve gotten kicked out form because I’m a “dangerous lifter”. Have to remeber to basically eat anything and everything at this age. I read a few articals on lifting when your young and they recommended anything that has calories,and protien. I’ve found when I get in about a gram of protein per pound of body weight my gains came incredibly fast.
Also if anyone is interested I’m 250 ,6’1". Best lifts 315 bench 500 pound squat and 385 deadlift.[/quote]

I also noticed that in the protein 1 gram per pound of body weight but my actuall question is what does powerlifting diet is diffrent from bodybuilding diet I saw few athletes (ben rice is an example) that eats like alot of fats in there diets but why? and the one at the top- don’t get butt hurt by words.

Don’t overthink your diet. Meat, potatoes, rice, eggs, pasta, oatmeal, nuts, fruit, veggies and lots of whole milk. Eat like a manual labourer would have eaten 100 years ago.

Sample meals:

Breakfast:
6 whole eggs (throw some spinach in there, some cheese on top if you like)
1 cup (dry measure) oatmeal
2 cups whole milk
1 banana

Lunch:
8-12 oz ground beef (or some chicken with barbecue sauce on it)
a big sweet potato or a bunch of rice (2 cups)
some broccoli
2 cups whole milk
handful of almonds
1 apple

Dinner:
A big-ass steak
Baked potato
Some cauliflower
2 cups whole milk
handful of almonds
chocolate chip cookies

Here’s a shake you could drink whenever for some calories:
2 cups whole milk
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 banana

There are some ideas for you. You shouldn’t need to as “what about…?” Just eat lots of real food, making sure there’s protein at each meal.

[quote]OfekB wrote:
my actuall question is what does powerlifting diet is diffrent from bodybuilding diet I saw few athletes (ben rice is an example) that eats like alot of fats in there diets but why? [/quote]

Fat = 9 calories per gram. Powerlifters in the Super-heavyweight class need calories to keep their weight up. Also, fat is anabolic and necessary for making testosterone. And fat tastes good. Almonds, coconut milk, pecans, avocado whatever, eat your fats.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE