New to PL, How to Attain My Goals?

so i was wondering if i could get advice from people who have powerlifted for years, know the training, and have competed maybe? right now i train with a fairly simple bodybuilding routine,no gear, consisting of heavy compounds followed by isolation exercises. my best bench is 265, and that was about 2 months ago. my goal is to break my highschool’s gym record bench of 405 for 1, set by an older friend of mine. the deadline is june 2013, and im willing to devote the next 11 months to accomplishing my goal

EDIT: the friend who set the record was taking AAS, so seeing as the general concensus is that i cant do it without them, my new goal is to get it as high as possible by that time and claim the highest natty bench. also, im taking this seriously, for those of you saying im a troll you can fuck right off or give me actual advice

140 pounds in 11 months, no I don’t think it can be done. At least not without taking a ton of AAS.

A lot of people never reach 405, nevermind get there in 11 months starting with a mediocre bench. Not that mines much better, but i think you’re being very un-realistic.

LoL, i lay 100.000.000:1 odds that thats not gonna happen without juice. anyone?

My father benched around 250 in high school

He did go from football to distance running at some point, but overall he lifted on and off for 20+ years it took him from high school until 40 years old to bench 400+, getting 465 at 44 years old.

Point being, the journey is a long one!

[quote]gymratnick95 wrote:
the deadline is june 2013, and im willing to devote the next 11 months to accomplishing my goal[/quote]

take drugs
gain as much BW as possible

Just eat, sleep and SFW. Pick a program that sounds sexy and has worked for people like you, and read these forums and sites like Elitefts. Even if you don’t manage to hit 405 by the deadline, you’ll be better than you are now.

Why limit yourself?

Anything is possible. IF you completely focus on this and center your life around it… you just might do it.

How badly do you want it, is the question.

This kid’s a troll.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
This kid’s a troll.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/what_do_i_do_next_1[/quote]

Good catch.

[quote]hastalles wrote:
Why limit yourself?

Anything is possible. IF you completely focus on this and center your life around it… you just might do it.

How badly do you want it, is the question.[/quote]

do you understand how genetics impact upon athletic ability?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
This kid’s a troll.

that was in regards to my bodybuilding style training
this thread is in an effort to find out if its possible for me to beat a record at my highschool, not to troll anybody

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]hastalles wrote:
Why limit yourself?

How badly do you want it, is the question.[/quote]

do you understand how genetics impact upon athletic ability?[/quote]

Maybe he does have the genetics to pull off something like this. He’ll never know if he doesn’t even try.

But given his previous troll threads, I don’t think he’s gonna pull off anything…

[quote]gymratnick95 wrote:

EDIT: the friend who set the record was taking AAS, so seeing as the general concensus is that i cant do it without them, my new goal is to get it as high as possible by that time and claim the highest natty bench. also, im taking this seriously, for those of you saying im a troll you can fuck right off or give me actual advice
[/quote]

Highest antty bench??? YOU can fuck right off.

Get off this site.

Well… if you want it really really bad…

1. Get really really fat so you just have like 4 inches to press the bar when your set up
  2. Take ton of drugs. GH, steroids, the works
  3. Buy a badass bench shirt
    —Paraphrase of Dave Tate

I can’t guarantee you’ll get 405, but it’s your best chance. I personally wouldn’t go this route. Actually… I wouldn’t recommend any of this to my friends either…

edit: On a more serious note, have you checked out the ‘So you think you can bench’ series on the net? If not, I highly suggest doing so. If your form really sucks, you might get as much as 20 or so lbs out of it.