New to Low Carb - Need Guidance

well i ate some almonds and in about thirty minutes my body temp came back up, but i still feel like shit. by shit, i mean just exhausted. everything i do is done by sheer willpower, and thats if i do it. is ketosis when your body starts turning to fat for energy? or is it before that?

anyways, sorry for the highjack smithers. btw, i feel your pain about the drinking situation. im in college as well. but i think getting laid is so much better when im sober.

Dont worry about the highjack, if it is within the same subject, then by all means, I can learn from someone elses Q&A (as long as the answers are deemed credible).

BTW, I have been married 5 years (not a traditional student), so if I am drunk and get lucky with the wife on Friday night, I can always have it sober Saturday morning.

I thought the point of marriage was so that you didn’t have to get lucky anymore. Maybe I’ll never get married then.

I’m in college too - but I’m 25, have a nice life, and stay the hell away from the campus as much as possible. I’m active duty Navy (prior HM1) doing a commissioning program, so sometimes its difficult to stay away due to NROTC BULLSHIT.

As far as booze, it all has carbs, since that’s how it’s made. (Correct me if there’s some product that says otherwise). Short term pain for hopefully long term gain - how much do you want to shed that fat? More than a few brews? It’s all about perspective and commitment, my advice is to stay away until you’ve reached your goal. Show those stupid ass college kids how to be a man and say no sometimes.

Elmo - sounds like you’re in a typical induction phase, which means that you’re carb deprived and on your way towards ketosis. Right now, you’re body’s asking WTF!!!??? Since you’ve already started, I would go to lyle Mcdonald’s website and read as much as possible to get some kind of coherent, sensible keto plan, if that’s really what you think you need (if you’re F-A-T and somewhat desperate). Otherwise you’re shooting in the dark blindfolded. It’s EASY to shrink on a keto diet - and not in the way that you want to.

Oh and ten grams of fiber would have me white knuckled, grasping the toilet paper dispenser as I whined like a dying cat trying to lay a golden egg.

^^ Good deal, I am 25 as well. However, all my friends who are in my engineering program with me are 25-28 years old, and we work our asses off during the week to keep up with school, so its really nice to have a drink and relax at the end of the week. I looked at nutrition info for Captain Morgan, and it said it only had .4g of carbs per 1.75 oz, so I ended up mixing two drinks with coke zero last night. Felt great and trained hard this morning. Oh well.

RumRiver, are you doing an enlisted to commission program of sorts? Thats awesome, the Air Force did not was not accepting any apps for their programs when I got out of active duty (infact, they were cutting officers), so I got out, joined the ANG, let them pay my school and collect my GI bill. Then, after I get my degree, I will apply to OTS.

BTW, I was just using “get lucky” as an expression.

I just reread my post and it sounded kind of preachy. Sorry about that, I hate that shit.

I was just giving you crap about getting lucky while also venting my fear of marriage.

It is an enlisted to commissioning program called STA-21. Since I don’t want to brag about the ridiculous and undeserved entitlements that I’m getting, I would say that I am super blessed and have it made, especially considering the economy.

You know more than me, but Air Force is pretty selective, especially with the job market. Good thing you got the GI Bill, when they passed that bill I was thinking there would be nobody left in the military. Then the stock bubble burst.

As far as booze goes, that’s about as healthy as it gets it sounds like. My favorite diet drink was vodka mixed with low carb Monster or Red Bull. Gives you a pleasant buzz, if you are caffeine tolerant.