T Nation

New to Lactic Acid Training (Cutting)

21 Year old male,5'10, fat most of my life, dropped from 248lbs to 162lbs, skinnyfat right now. Here is the routine I have designed based on CT's article - Destroying Fat,
War Room Strategies to Maximize Fat Loss

I am like 15% BF or so(Ok definition, upper abs visible, but chest/gut/lovehandles still flabby) right now and want to get down to 10ish by November so I can finally bulk. I am on the anabolic diet currently. Taking in about 1800 calories, was on Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 and was making decent strength gains even with a caloric deficit.

I am sorry if this is a noobie post and I tried searching, but couldn't find these questions.
1. Does this routine look ok? or did I fuck it up?
2. On lactic acid WO days do you take a PWO shake right after you lifting/before cardio
3. Can the LISS cardio post Lac Acic WO be done up to 45 min? Will lengthening time make a difference?

Day 1: Heavy lifting chest/back + alactic work
Day 2: Lactate-inducing workout 1+ LISS(20-30 min)
Day 3: Heavy Shoulders/Arms
Day 4: Lactate-inducing workout 2 + LISS(20-30 min)
Day 5: Heavy lifting Quads/Hams
Day 6: Sled Drag (25 min)
Day 7: OFF/HIIT

Heavy Chest/Back Day
A1. Inc DB Press 1x4
(no rest)
A2. DB Flies 1x8
(2 min rest)
B1. Pullups 1x5
(no rest)
B2. One arm row 1x8
(2 min rest)
Repeat x5

Quad/Ham day
A1. Front Squat 1x4
(no rest)
A2. ATG Back Squat 1x8
(2 min rest)
B1. Romanian Deadlifts 1x5
(no rest)
B2. Band Goodmornings 1x8
(2 min rest)
Repeat x5

Shoulder/Arms day
A1. OHP 1x5
(no rest)
A2. Cleans 1x8
(2 min rest)
B1. Bicep Curls 1x5
(no rest)
B2. Dips 1x8
(2 min rest)
Repeat x5

Lactic WOs
CIRCUIT A (15 reps)
A1. DB Bench
A2. Goblet Squat
A3. DB Rows
A4. RDLs
A5. Crunches

CIRCUIT B (20 reps)
B1. Overhead Press
B2. Overhead Squat
B3. Chin-ups
B4. Good Morning
B5. Crunches

CIRCUIT C OPTIONAL (15reps)
C1. Curls
C2. Calf Raise
C3. Triceps Extension
C4. Knee Raises
C5. Lat Raises
Repeat x3

Assuming that when you implicate "lactic acid training" you mean lack of nutrition or the lack of a workout or post workout meal, if I am correct.

If not, please elaborate on the term "lactic acid" and why you are even mentioning an acid which is only relevant to your muscles...

I'm sorry, I know you mean cutting, but, instead of confusing me and others, why not be blunt and just say cutting? Because you might mean something else which all of us may not know, and, I would love to hear about such a subject.

Thank you, CC

I mean high rep circuit training as outlined in this
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/destroying_fat_war_room_strategies_to_maximize_fat_loss
and this
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/lactic_acid_training_for_fat_loss
article by CT and Poliquin

Hmm, in my opinion heavy lifting appears to be the most crucial aspect in the scenarios mentioned (for retaining muscle)

So, that seems to be in check, except the lactic workouts should consist of something like a deadlift (try for something light like 200 pounds for 20-25 reps or so?) or even a squat at maybe 185 pounds?

Because I remember reading lactic acid workouts are optimal at 1 minute periods and when working diverse parts of the body (sqauts and deads would definetly fall under that category)

HOWEVER, I am not an expert in this, so, I would not consider this as advice, but, this is rather MY OPINION

That seems like a good way to hurt your back. Do people actually do such high rep deadlift sets?

It was specifically stated in the article that you shouldn't do lactate-inducing or alactic energy systems work the day before a heavy lifting day. He also stated that isolation work is counter-productive in this program. Stick to the prescribed schedule (unless you don't like all that unsightly muscle you're carrying around):

Day 1: Heavy lifting chest/back + alactic work
Day 2: Lactate-inducing workout 1 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: Heavy lifting quads/hams
Day 5: OFF
Day 6: Lactate-inducing workout 2 + 20-30 minutes of steady-state aerobic work
Day 7: OFF

In this article he puts a lactate workout before shoulder day.
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/refined_physique_transformation

I will go ahead and move some stuff around though so it isn't in front of a chest/back/leg day.

Thanks man

It was an estimation lol, test and retry haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Hum, I read this through, and, it seems that I would model it around his experiences since he knows what he's doing (It's CT man!!!)

So what I said before is horsecrap lol