New to HRT

I spent about a year on transdermal (cream) T and saw my level drop from 300s to about 180 (with E2 of 18). Started on IM T 2 weeks ago with 400mg weekly and adex twice weekly. I want all of the good stuff that goes with HRT and also some of the size of a cycle. I plan on doing 12 weeks of this dosage and backing off to 200/week.

I’m having some good effects (sleep is waaaaaay better, no aches, recovering fast) and some weird ones (I’m really sweaty and believe it or not my sex drive is worse…I thought I’d be a machine on this stuff). Anyway, I was hoping to get some feedback on this. Also, the Rx is for weekly injections. With the half-life of T cyp is it better to give 1/2 doses twice per week. Help and feedback are greatly appreciated

[quote]docscott358 wrote:
I spent about a year on transdermal (cream) T and saw my level drop from 300s to about 180 (with E2 of 18). Started on IM T 2 weeks ago with 400mg weekly and adex twice weekly. I want all of the good stuff that goes with HRT and also some of the size of a cycle. I plan on doing 12 weeks of this dosage and backing off to 200/week.

I’m having some good effects (sleep is waaaaaay better, no aches, recovering fast) and some weird ones (I’m really sweaty and believe it or not my sex drive is worse…I thought I’d be a machine on this stuff). Anyway, I was hoping to get some feedback on this. Also, the Rx is for weekly injections. With the half-life of T cyp is it better to give 1/2 doses twice per week. Help and feedback are greatly appreciated[/quote]

Check Prolactin. If libido is down, check E2 — too low causes loss of libido; cut back on the Adex.

Adex twice a week as in 1mg twice a week?

That might be a reasonable amount for this amount of T.

Have you used adex before? You might be an over responder, but then you would also feel crappy in other ways.

You can try more adex and see what happens. Did your libido go up before it went down, or stay the same?

Lab tests would be a good idea, but you are time limited and your doc would not like the numbers. You can get labs at LEF.org

Are you using all RX T or some ‘gear’ as well.

Thanks. I was intermittently using the Adex when on transdermal therapy over the past year (but not very much). The Adex dose is 1mg twice per week. All T is Rx no “gear”. The thing that really concerned me was that there was no surge (i.e. increased libido, agression,etc). I will say, though, that I feel good, less fatigued, sleeping better and I’m stronger at the gym.