New to HRT/TRT (Need Advice Please)

you also really really really need to test your TSH, estradiol, and 8am cortisol etc. etc. BEFORE you start on treatment. Having an understanding of your baseline would be a huge benefit.

Latest labs (930am) 11/18/2011

Total T: 85
SHBG: 33
Cortisol: 15.7
Estradiol: 21

The next step is an MRI. Then I can start a TRT regiment. Open to suggestions. Thanks.

what were your actual thyroid test results? you never posted those.

The MRI results came back good. No issues detected. There where 2 1cm white marks on my pituitary that are assumed to be from hypertension. Nothing serious though. The Endo said the best he could do was put me on a 10% Testosterone roll on gel and retest everything in 3 months. I said ok. I am waiting for the gel to arrive in the mail.

I took it upon myself to find a TRT doc close to my home and I did, thanks to my brother. This clinic is awesome. I gave then all of my labs, the Doc reviewed it and within 20 minutes I had my first shot of Test Cyp 180 ml. I was also given 1 mg arimidex a week. I have my next set of labs set for 1 month from today. It has been about 5 hours since the shot and I am already feeling better. The Doctor said to stay away from the gel. I am going to get rid of it, some how. It is a 6 month supply of 10% test formulation. 1 click per day.

Any way, I am through with the VA and the roller coaster ride. The TRT regiment is as follows(from what I remember)…
week 1: 180 ml cyp, 1mg arimidex
week 2: 180 ml cyp, 1mg arimidex
week 3: 150 ml cyp, 1mg arimidex
week 4: 150 ml cyp, 1mg arimidex
Week 5: 150 ml cyp, 1mg arimidex, HCG during the week (cant remember exact dose), Labs (total test, E2, lh, fsh, psa)

This is all I got for now. Thanks for all of your input PureChance. BTW, my T3 and T4 values where buried in the labs I gave my new doc. He looked over everything and did say those specific values where “fine”, along with every other pertinent category,…I know, I know, nails on a chalk board… I’ll get them soon. Thanks again, as always I’m open to advice and direction.